Monday, June 30, 2008

Scrapbooking from the Inside Out

So much to tell, so much to tell; and yet I have not. I know that I often say, I've been CRAZY busy, and occasionally offer up what it is I've been busy at; yet for months now, I've had things in the works, and kept waiting and waiting to have more details to share before I filled you in. Trust me when I tell you - I have news to share! I've had a brush with actually having a piece of my work published, I've gone camping, yes that's right I said camping, I've joined the board of my kids soccer league, I've become an announcer in training / official for my kids swim team, I now work 40 hours a week instead of 36, I still try to go to the gym 5 times a week (I've now lost 25 lbs total - YAY!) and I've been flattered by the invitation to become the Assistant Design Team Coordinator for my friend Rachel's scrapbooking kit club extraordinaire "Scrapbooking from the Inside Out" which has it's official launch on July 1, 2008. Whew... That busy enough for you? Throw in laundry, dentist's appointments (the kids - not mine, THANK GOD) household chores, meal preparation, swim lessons, diving lessons, weekly swim meets, organizing monthly crops etc, etc, and is it any wonder my blogs have been so few and far between lately?

OK, so I DO NOT want to tell you ALL the details of ALL of the above at once. But I do promise that I will be back soon, with the article that coulda, shoulda, woulda been published - sob, sob, No, that's not S.O.B (though it should be; ) it's sob, sob, as in I'm VERY sad - and I am. I promise, I will offer up a blog on my very first camping trip, once I collect all of my thoughts on it; and as my 41st b'day is now approaching, I've also been anxious to write about my observations of my 40th year. BUT for today, it's all about "Scrapbooking from the Inside Out."

So, let me tell you about my friend Rachel. Rachel is a woman with courage. A woman who had a dream and stopped at nothing to make it a reality. A woman who has embraced scrapbooking not only as an art form but as a therapeutic outlet; and in doing so, published scrapbook artist Rachel Kaufman has started her own business called "Scrapbooking from the Inside Out." This club is going to be different from other kit clubs in as much as each month the kit will be focusing on an emotion "using color, design, and journaling to create pages and projects that explore your inner world." You will receive printed papers, coordinating cardstock, chipboard, paint, various kinds of stickers and ribbons, and ink, maybe a rubber stamp, and I could go on and on, but as each kit won't have the same contents each month; I think you get the idea. You get a TON of supplies and a fresh and exciting approach. For those of you who have never scrapbooked before, this might be a FABULOUS way to get started and give it a try.

I am so proud of Rachel and it has been truly inspiring to watch her pour her heart and soul into developing an online community as well as kits that will give the scrapbooker a variety of mediums to work with while exploring their inner self.
Although I personally have not allowed myself the time to scrapbook about JUST ME thus far- I am hoping to do so in the future. I am welcoming the opportunity to explore who I am as a person and not just as a mom, which usually happens in my scrapbooking. Don't get me wrong, being a mom is SO much of who I am but we all know that there is more to each of us; and in being a mom, I think it would be awesome for my kids to be able to look back and learn about me from my own perspective. It might also give them a little insight into who they are and how they have come to be that way - I know that sounds kinda serious coming from me; sorry if I've disappointed - but I just have to talk about why this venture is so exciting - Say it with me "It's all for the GREATER GOOD!!"

Now, not only will you be able to purchase the kits on Rachel's website; it will also feature a gallery, a message board and it will be supported not only by Rachel (and occasionally myself) but by the 3 brilliant designers that we have chosen for the first 6 months of this venture. I think you'll be wowed by the artistry and techniques of, Amanda Berens -
Technique Speak, Nancy Doren - My Paperview and Bjay Jaminal - Pigmentations. If you are a scrapbooker, I highly recommend that you visit scrapbookingfromtheinsideout.com as well as each of these fabulous designer's blogs.

Please join us at some time on July 1st to celebrate with Rachel and contemplate Scrapbooking from the Inside Out. There will be challenges, games and an opportunity to scraplift from the best of em. Congratulations Rachel; I wish you ALL the success I the world. Think about it, you are already SO much better off just by having this experience thus far.
Best of luck!!

Till next time...
Queen of Everything

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO, PAIGE! IT'S LONG LOST LORI (LLL, TRIPLE THREAT) FROM SCRAPBOOKING! I JUST READ SOME OF YOUR OLD POSTS, AND YOU ARE A HOOT AND A HALF, I TELL YOU! LATELY I'VE BEEN SUCKED INTO BLOG HELL AS I LIKE TO CALL IT--IT'S MY NEW FAVORITE PASS TIME (IT USED TO BE COOKING DINNER AND CLEANING TOILETS, BUT I'VE GOTTEN OVER THAT), AND AM ENJOYING LITTLE VOYEUR-LIKE GLIMPSES INTO PEOPLE'S LIVES THAT HAVE SOME OF THE SAME HOBBIES/LIFESTYLES AS I DO. MY HUSBAND LOVES THAT I DON'T COME TO BED UNTIL THE WEE HOURS, BUT I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF. I WILL NOW ADD YOU TO MY LIST OF GOT-TO-READS! HAPPY BLOGGING, AND MAYBE I'LL GET TO SCRAPBOOK WITH YOU GUYS AGAIN SOON! WHEN IS IT HAPPENING NEXT, AND WHERE?

Unknown said...

The site looks great and I will be ordering my kit in the next day or so.

Great inspiration! Can't wait to see what you gals have in store for the members!