Thursday, January 6, 2011

(43-163) 300!

So here's how my brain works; remember when Will Ferrell (as Craig) and Cheri Oteri (as Arianna,) did the Spartan cheerleader skits on Saturday night live?
Well, if you do, then you know that a typical cheer format would be something like: (Craig): "Who's that Spartan in my teepee?" (Arianna): "It's me, it's me" (Craig): "Who's that Spartan in my teepee?" (Arianna): "It's me, it's me." (Together): "Uh-huh, uh-huh. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh!" "Native Americans!" 
Now, if you've ever seen the skits that I'm referring to, right about now you should have yourself a good visual goin on; so hold that thought... And if you've NEVER seen it; then once again I sound like a loon, but please indulge me this one more time.
Now, with the cheerleaders in mind, it should make PERFECT sense, when in Spartan style I say: "Who's reached another milestone today?"  "It's me, it's me."  "Yah, who's reached another milestone today?"  "IT'S ME, IT'S ME!"  "Uh-huh, uh-huh. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh!" "300th post!"

WHEW, like giving birth sometimes I tell ya; but when I get an idea stuck in my head, I just gotta go with it; and that's exactly what I've been doing for 300 posts now.  300, that number seems so unreal to me; and yet I am hopeful that in just a few short months, it's a landmark that I will celebrate for a second time this year.  First now, for 300 total posts and then when I have completed another 137 posts and I submit #300 in the 43 series. Whoa, so many numbers my head is spinning.  I think it's probably best that I don't think in such big leaps, but simply continue celebrating the achievements as they occur.  I want to recognize my small victories, as I take baby steps toward this enormous goal.

In honor of my 300th post; NO, it won't be a list of 300 random things; or 300 anything for that matter; but instead only 3 things.  2 quotes and 1 song.  First for the quotes.  Yesterday, Michelle M, had this quote as her status on Facebook.  It's a quote from Aunt Frances, in the movie "Practical Magic;" and although I saw the film, I hadn't recalled the quote: "My darling girl, when are you going to understand that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage."  Just mull that over for a sec; cause I LOVE it; and I think it is VERY me.

The second quote, is by Mary Anne Radmacher; and it also happens to be about courage.  This quote is on a magnet, on my refrigerator; and I look at it EVERY day; and it inspires me. 
"Courage does not always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying
'I will try again tomorrow'."

And with that, I give you one of my new favorite songs. A song that makes me want to get up and CELEBRATE!  It's Pink's "Raise Your Glass."  So CHEERS!
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING





2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehehe....that is the only Will Ferrel skit I have ever liked!! LOL!!! CONGRATS on 300 posts!! Go PAIGE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

I was doing the cheer... totally an SNL fan!!! Keep the posts coming!!