Thursday, July 29, 2010

(43-2) SLENDIFEROUS


Yesterday I truly was The BIRTHDAY Queen.  I'm thrilled to say that my birthday was positively wonderful and I relished every moment of the day.  I woke up early intending to start writing "The Bumpy Ride," but when I checked my email and saw how many well wishes I had; I was delightfully detained.   I would be remiss if  I didn't start off by saying how overwhelmed I was by EACH of the birthday greetings that I'd received on Facebook; in addition to the encouraging responses regarding yesterday's post and my new endeavor.   It seems that a lot of people on Facebook play a numbers game and they add "friends" that they never even communicate with, but that's NOT me; so it was so touching to see how many people wished me a Happy Birthday.  There were tidings from childhood friends, and new acquaintances; from Junior High pals, and High School cohorts, from College chums to work buddies, from old neighbors to scrapbook sisters, and from EVERYONE that I love and cherish in between.  The birthday wishes abounded; and though this is typically true for most people who use Facebook - on this significant birthday, it meant THE WORLD to me.   My friend Judy (who I've known since I was 4) wrote "Happy Birthday to my dear friend! Hope it's a slendiferous day!!"  Well, I thought that this was a FABULOUS comment; though I have to admit that I wasn't really sure what slendiferous meant.  Loving to use the dictionary and thesaurus as I do; I Googled the word and was just about to "assume" that Judy made a typo on SPLENDIFEROUS when I found that according to the "Urban Dictionary," slendiferous is  A little known term that denotes "the coolest of the cool."  Well who knew that Judy was so in the know... and that's pretty much what I wrote back to her.  I thanked her for thinking of me and gave her props for her progressive phraseology.  And so class, SLENDIFEROUS is our word of the day; and I DID indeed have a SLENDIFEROUS Birthday!!!

What I think I enjoyed most about my day was that I didn't do anything remarkable - I just did things that make me happy; with people that I enjoy.  I went to Starbucks with my friend Lori, went home and made the kids lunch; went for a pedicure with my friend Shannon; which was a double pleasure since we went to Pure Elements which is our friend Jenny's salon.  Unfortunately, Luis had to work; but The kids and I had a terrific time when we met Michelle M & Max at Red Robin for dinner AND I got to use my FREE birthday burger coupon.  As if that wasn't enough; Luis brought me a Tiramisu cake and I finished my slice along with my blog and I felt VERY satisfied on all levels.

I woke up today, happy to take on day 2 of being 43 and was surprised to procure even MORE birthday salutations and some gifts that I NEVER expected..  The generosity of my friends was / is just astounding and I feel SO BLESSED to have the kindest, most thoughtful people in my life.  Now what could be more slendiferous than that???
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ok...that is one COOL word! LOVE it!!! And glad you had a good bday! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

Glad it was a cooler than cool day! Hope that it's the same for you all year!! Mmmmm...RED ROBIN......(YUM!) -- (singing their slogan)