Monday, June 11, 2007

The Hairless Arches

Disclaimer: This blog is not intended to insult anyone who engages in the practice of complete eyebrow removal. I also offer my apologies for the title and welcome anyone to suggest a better one...

I have never really understood why some women choose to completely remove their eyebrows and then draw them back on. This concept is one that just alludes me. I know that back in the day it was a popular thing to do - I’m just not quite sure exactly when that day was.
I must say that here, in Peoria, AZ, it’s not a look that I see often; BUT today, I was astounded when I went to McDonald’s and the woman behind the counter, not only had her eyebrows removed and drawn on; but she had them drawn on in the shape of the McDonald’s arches - I kid you not. (Say it with me; “Who could make this stuff up?”) Man, this takes job loyalty to a whole new level that I have never imagined. LOL The woman was Caucasian, and very tall (at least I think it was a woman.) She? had a terrible haircut, and then really, the epitome of the McDonald’s arches drawn on for eyebrows. I must say that she? also wasn’t in a very good mood; but if I had those arches above my eyes, maybe I’d look like I was in a bad mood too - or just quizzical maybe…
OK, so I might just be a little more observant than most people; but I happened to engage in a conversation with another woman in the play area and in my typial fashion, I couldn't help but mention this woman’s? eyebrows and it just so happened that my new friend had noticed them too; and OK - we both laughed.
I really have no purpose for telling this story - I just feel that it’s my obligation to share these little out of the ordinary occurrences as they happen to me. I guess it’s mean of me to admit that it gave me a little chuckle, but you can all live vicariously through me and imagine what this woman? looked like. Just another day in the suburban desert. (Agghhh; why do I keep forgetting that I have a camera phone...)
Till next time…
Queen of EVERYTHING

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DISCLAIMER: since when do you care about offending others........

hamburglar.

Clowns scare me said...

MAYBE TODAY WAS THE TRYOUT DAY FOR HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH AT THE HERBERGER THEATRE.....NO TIME TO DE-COSTUME BEFORE THE HIGH POWERED COUNTER JOB AT MICKEY D'S