Thursday, April 2, 2009

My New Weight Loss Plan

I haven't written about my weight loss in quite some time; because much to my dismay there hasn't been any news to share. Oh, don't get me wrong; I'm still going to the gym and I'm still sticking to my no carbs during dinner or after ,(for the most part) and for the most part I mean when no sadistic restaurant is introducing menu items such as "The brownoli." Oh yes, you've guessed it, 2 of my weaknesses combined into one dessert. Yes it's the brownie stuffed with cannoli cream - OY! This is while I'll NEVER be thin. Now don't get me wrong; when I went to the newly opened Meatballz; one of the reasons that I agreed to go was because my friend Shelly told me that in addition to being able to order a hero (sub) or an entree with pasta, you could also order an entree with salad. And then of course the second reason was that she told me about the brownoli. I just had to try it; so I ordered one (I mean I could have saved it for the next day; that's permissible,) but then what do you think happened? The place was packed so we decided that we would get our food to go. It was just over an hour when I finally got my order and was told that they had run out of bread (and of course Luis had decided to cheat on his diet and order the hero) and the guy wanted to know what I wanted him to do about it. YES, that's what he said, and I quote "I'm sorry, we've run out of bread; what do you want me to do about it?" To which, (after I gave a New York raised sigh of disgust,) I said "well what are my options?" And he actually replied "Well, I could give you your money back, or you can have anything else on the menu." Give me my money back, did I hear that right? I had waited for over an hour with not so much as a free cup for water and the guy thought that I might choose to leave WITHOUT food? Now, I'm sounding a lot more outraged here then I let on to him, which must be why he decided to reward me with an extra brownoli; but in the long run, they were so busy that they must not have been paying real close attention to my order because when I unpacked my order at Shelly's, I found THREE orders of brownoli. Maybe that's an indication of how they ran out of bread. Anyway, I still have brownoli in my fridge. I'll just say the idea of it, actually sounds better than what it is ~ at least these. So see, I really do have a bit of self control, and I have been trying to exercise it all over the place, since I can't seem to find the time to exercise IT, at the gym.
Now when I say that I'm still going to the gym; I should clarify and say that when I began my weight loss plan, I was religiously going to the gym 5 times a week; and then soccer season hit and in addition to that, my work load was enormous, (and I usually take a break from work to go to the gym;) so given these two factors, my attendance slowed down to 3 or 4 times a week. I know that these sound like excuses, but wait; I'll gice you more. The next thing I knew it was December, and I had extra things to do because of the girl's birthdays and leaving for Puerto Vallarta; so I was convinced that I would start the year off like gangbusters and get back to my 5 time a week routine ~ yah, but in the long run; not so much. Kelsie came down with pneumonia, Lyndzi's asthma was out of control and then she got RSV, and since you can't take sick kids to the gym, again I had to miss a few more days than I should have.

Every Sunday, my friend Lesa and I try to plan our out at least 3 or 4 days that we can meet up at the gym during the upcoming week. We then call each other Monday morning to check in and make sure that no one has stayed home from school. Lesa also works from home, and so there are days that she bails on me; but I STILL go; because it really is important to me, and even though it's more fun with her there; in the long run, I'm really no there for fun.
Fast forward to 2 weeks ago; spring break, and Lyndzi had strep; so again I had to stay out of the gym. So last week, I went by myself on Monday; got one day under my belt and was feeling optimistic about making a fresh start. Then Tuesday morning, Nicky woke up with a fever and sore throat, so that was another day gone. Wednesday morning; same deal, and Wednesday night, along came the double pink eye (for Nicky.)
Come Monday, I again went to the gym alone. Lesa joined me on Tuesday, and it was then that we realized that we should be filming a YouTube show from the gym, because this is where we have our very INTENSE discussions about important things like who we think is going to be leaving "American Idol" and "Dancing With the Stars." Lesa wasn't able to stay that long, because she had a haircut appointment, but I pressed on. I wound up having a REALLY good workout ; probably the best that I'd had in quite some time. And later that day I called Lesa and said "If I bought it for you; would you wear the men's cologne of my choice, to the gym?" She gave a hearty laugh and said a very loud "WHAT?" So I explained, that a few minutes after she left, a semi-good looking guy (who I'd never seen there before,) got on the treadmill that she had been on; and he smelled TERRIFIC! I think he was wearing Fahrenheit, or some cologne that I really like, and he smelled so good, that I actually added time to my treadmill; TWICE! We both laughed ourselves silly; and though she thought it was a good idea, she couldn't comply due to allergies; so I'm actually considering putting some cologne on my workout towel. Never underestimate the power of smell. With this new plan of action, I just may take off those additional hundred pounds within the next 2 years; or at least I'll be happy trying.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now if they only had a lasagna smelling cologne - I would probably stay on the treadmill for that.....