Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Cure for the Hiccups

This morning I came downstairs, and immediately started hiccuping. Lyndzi, (in her inimitable, sweet, Lyndzi fashion) said "Well, you can use one of the 3 cures. You can get scared, you can drink a glass of water in one gulp, or you can hang upside down. I suggest you drink a glass of water in one gulp." And then Nicky said "WELL, I suggest that you think of something embarrassing." Hmm, I thought, now that is an interesting suggestion and I had never tried that before, so I Immediately thought of what I consider my MOST embarrassing moment. Oh, yes, there are many and Queen of INDECISION that I am, you'd think that I might have had a tough time choosing; but oh no; I knew EXACTLY which embarrassing moment to conjure up, and let me tell you - as soon as I started thinking about it - the hiccups went away. UNBELIEVABLE, I tell you.
I asked Nicky where he had gotten this idea from; and he said that it was from his teacher - Ms. Schroeder - so THANK YOU Ms. Schroeder; YOU are a genius.
Now, I'm sure that you are all wondering WHAT my MOST embarrassing moment could be, and though I am usually Queen of FULL DISCLOSURE, this one I will have to keep to myself as "The Bumpy Ride is not ready for an X rated blog. I know; I'm a tease; what can I say? I shared the cure for the hiccups because; YES, "I'm ALL ABOUT THE GREATER GOOD;" but not to my own detriment. If you really need to know, ask me in private, but unless Hugh Hefner or Larry Flynt is calling me with a cash offer; this story will NEVER see the printed page.
Till Next Time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

5 comments:

nancy said...

I get the hiccups ALL the time and they drive me nuts. So this is invaluable information.

I'm sure it will work much better than the time I asked Dan to scare the hiccups out of me, so he came over and punched me in the chest. That's right, right on my sternum. It made me laugh harder and get even more hiccups. WTH?

Rachel said...

I can't believe that worked! Very cool...

Anonymous said...

I am dying to get the hiccups so I can try this!!!

Anonymous said...

I just noticed you still have the nail fungus cure ad. Heh heh.

Anonymous said...

Here's the thing. I hardly ever get hiccups. I did though, yesterday, and DAMNED if that didnt work immediately!! also, a lady at work in the lunchroom was having them and as soon as I told her to think of her most embarrrassing moment - they STOPPED. I am a BELIEVAH!!!! Yayus! Hallelujah!!