Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Forty One Candles

Although I am not a fan of music on blogs; I am seriously considering adding my new theme song to "TBR" so that when you open it up, you'll hear "Oops I did it again," by Britney Spears - LOL. OK, OK, I'm totally NOT going to do that - but you get the picture. Maybe I should just consider changing that to the name of the blog - either that or I've got to check myself before I wreck myself. So you know this is a big one with an opener like that - right?

A couple of weeks a go I posted a blog about the lesson the dreaded, blogging lurker taught me (don't use people's names.) Well, I guess that I learned this lesson a little too late to save me from one of the most mortifying experiences of my life. Let's just say that if I get the hiccups, I now have a NEW, most embarrassing moment to think of.

Last Thursday night I arrived home and sat down at my computer, and much to my delight I found a comment waiting for my approval. You see ever since the unpleasant comments left a few weeks ago by the BL, I now have to approve the comments before they are published; sorry. Anyway, there was a comment on my blog that was entitled "what's in a name;" which ironically enough is the blog where I disclosed my real name and those of my family members. The comment was left by 85Dutchmen. Well, I graduated High School in 85 and our football team was called the Dutchmen; so I thought "Now this is getting interesting."
The comment said "I read post from July 07...I was mentioned in this post with Maks, and noticed you took a picture with him, but not with me. I guess I was only good from a far." GC

OK, now panic set in. I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach because if I had posted the picture of me and Maks (from "Dancing with the Stars",) then this comment had to be left by none other than the guy that I had a crush on throughout high school.
A "Crippling crush," to quote that particular blog. - Oh yes, I put it all out there for all the world to see (never imagining that they would.) No, I didn't hold back a a thing. I described to you, how the crush was so bad that I couldn't even say hello to him when I saw him in the hallway, because I just liked him THAT MUCH. I wrote that I was overwhelmed by my feelings for him; and now,the unthinkable has happened; HE has read the blog!

Oh at first I thought it was Big V playing a joke on me; but she has assured me that she has not; and I won't go into greater detail, but suffice it to say that I am PRETTY sure that it's him and not a prank. Well Michelle (...) K can tell you; I was freakin the _____ out. I was trembling, I was giddy, I was EMBARRASSED. It's as if he read my diary; and oh yah - I handed it right to him!! I mean never in my wildest dreams would I ever have imagined that he would come across my blog - but HE did. I don't know if he was Googling himself or if someone else Googled him (like god forbid his wife,) but regardless of how; the bottom line is - HE READ IT; and that in a nutshell is the utter craziness that is my life. I haven't said this in a long while - but you know you're going to say it with me; "Who could make this stuff up?" I swear, I feel like Molly Ringwald in "Sixteen Candles" when she found out that her friend's brother paid to see her underwear. Or Andrew McCarthy in "St. Elmo's Fire" when Ally Sheedy found his box with all the pictures of her and realizes that he has been in love with her - OY, My life is a teeneage angst movie and I'm 41. Well, not when it happened anyway, so I guess I should cut myself some slack; but we all know that if I did, I wouldn't be the Queen of BERATING HERSELF; the Queen of BEATING HERSELF UP. Damn I could sell tickets to a boxing match just me against myself, LOL

My friend Jessica has been trying to convince me that I shouldn't feel humiliated but instead proud; because I probably made him feel so good when he read about how amazing I thought he was. I would LOVE to believe that this is true and make some lemonade out of my HUMONGOUS lemon; so perhaps he'll leave another comment and let me know.
In the meantime I'll take pleasure in knowing that this is just another unforgettable tale in the saga that is my life.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

5 comments:

Rachel said...

He should be darn flattered! And anyway, that's what he gets for googling himself. That sounds dirty, doesn't it? Tee hee...

Anonymous said...

P.H.R.
Unbelievable story as usual. I'm so honored to be on the sidelines if only to observe. How fantastic is it, that the blog has brought so many people back into your life.

G.C.,you peeked my interest when reading of your "photos". I was the famous Photog who snapped the pic of Paige and Max. By the way, G.C., Who is J.V.? I have never heard P.R. mention her/him? Are you on Facebook? I would love to put a face with the initials. teehee.(Everyone is doing it :) haha, just kidding, it's a great way to re-connect. Can't wait to hear from both of you. Love, J.T.

Jessa said...

Oh kay this is P.H.R.'s friend Jessica... I am here to clear up Rachel's quandary. Rachel sweet girl when someone Googles, or uses any search engine to look their name up the "internet verbiage" is called "ego surfing" yes a bit rough but then again very true. We all do it here and there to see what will come up on our name. Try it if you haven't already. Kind of interesting to see. And thanks so much Dutchmen85 for confirming my opinion. I would be so honored and tickled to see fun stuff that reminded me of good times. For goodness sakes that was 23 years ago and how much so many of us have changed and left all the giggly stuff behind. It's fun to giggle here and there. And for those who haven't changed I feel bad for you. Enjoy some fun and dutchman send Paige your email so you all can chat a moment. Hugs and good stuff fun story thanks Paige that made my day... JessaG

Unknown said...

Two words - naked pix?????? GC, don't hold out on us now!!!!

Jessa said...

Oh kay this is getting silly now. Michelle you are hilarious. Thank goodness you haven't let me down with your naughtiness. :) This isn't a discussion board but a blog you goof ball. Go and wash your brain out before you go home. :) BTW I'm teasing you. Love ya Jessa