Saturday, July 9, 2011

(43-347) An Accident Waiting To Happen

It's not a secret by any means, but in case you don't already know, I am Queen of the Klutzes.  I'm basically an accident waiting to happen, although I must admit it's been a while since I've suffered an injury - until today.

I've been clumsy all my life and Lyndzi follows closely in my woobly footsteps.  I don't know if it's that I'm not paying attention or that I just don't perceive situations clearly or I misconstrue my surroundings; but somehow or other, I manage to bump into things left and right, trip over my own feet and cause unnecessary damage to myself on a regular basis.

After returning from our swim meet this morning, I tackled straightening up my house.  Because I'm convinced that I can do more than two things at once, I was picking up stray items while on hold with the new gym, and I ventured to walk over a pile of bags (and a small cooler) that Lyndzi had moved into our family room.  I swear that I knew that this wasn't a good idea as I was attempting it, but did that stop me?  NO!  With various items (including a half full coffee cup) in one hand and the phone (to my ear) in the other, I mindlessly took (what I thought was) a giant step over the pile o stuff, lost my balance and tripped.  I went down like a ton of bricks and managed to injure my foot, my knee and even though it's substantially padded - my butt.  I couldn't help myself when I let out a cry, which immediately caused Luis and my girls to report to the scene of  the accident.  Luis asked what happened, and his next question was the one that I'm sure is on most of your minds -  "What were you thinking?"  I had / have no good answer to that question.  Why didn't I walk around?  Yah, I have no clue.  And trust me - it was NOT so I'd have something to blog about today.

After sitting on the floor for a few minutes, I picked myself up, brushed myself off, and limped away - but I'm hurting.  My foot and knee are really sore; but I'm hoping a couple of hours in the Wet-n-Wild lazy river will cure that.  

The good news is that I think I REALLY learned my lesson this time, and I'm going to do my best to keep from making these ridiculous misjudgements again.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING   

No comments: