Monday, February 14, 2011

(43-202) The Gift of Laughter

Luis gave me the PERFECT Valentine's day gift... A laugh.  He wrote something very funny in my card; and I laughed out loud.  What more could I want?   A laugh isn't fattening; and it doesn't need any special care. A laugh is something that you can enjoy as is; and keep with you for as long as you like.  Laughter is the gift that keeps on giving and if you share it; the gift gets stronger rather than diminishes.  You can't say that about a box of chocolates.

I truly believe that laughter is the best medicine AND in fact, I think that it's physically impossible to feel bad when your laughing.  So, in honor of this Valentine's Day, and the gift of laughter that I received; I'd like to share two things with you.  First, some wonderful quotes about laughter; and then a joke that we heard while on the tram at Disneyland.

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." - e e cummings

"He who laughs, lasts!"  - Mary Pettibone Poole

"An optimist laughs to forget, a pessimist forgets to laugh.” - Unknown

“What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul” - Yiddish Proverb

"You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing." - Michael Pritchard

And now for the joke...

Why does Tigger bounce around the forest on his tail?

Because he doesn't want to step on Pooh.                     
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

No comments: