Thursday, February 3, 2011

(43-191) A Spirit Lift

This has been A WEEK; for me; and by A WEEK; I mean it's been stressful.  I'm not going to give any details at all; let's just suffice it to say that I've learned a lot of lessons; which although painful, have also been necessary - and I'm ready to put it all behind me.  With that being said; I want to try and focus on the positive; on the things that are wonderful in my life; and the things that I have to look forward to. 

When I wrote "100 MORE Random Things About Me," #31 was, I make lists.  So in the interest of lifting my spirits, and reminding myself how LUCKY I am to be alive; and how fortunate I am for all that I have; I've compiled a top ten list of things that I am looking forward to; and I'm REALLY going to to try and focus on this:

1.  In just one week, we will be on our way to California, to spend the weekend with my cousin Jackie and family.  We are all SO elated and we just  can't wait!

2.  According to the Glamour Magazine essay contest rules; they were supposed to read the entries on or about February 1; so I'm remaining optimistic that I will hear from them soon; and if not, I will finally be able to share my essay with you.

3.  Getting my house in order.  The painting is ALMOST complete; and then everything will be able to get back into place; or in a new place.  I am really looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

4.  The roller skating lesson.  It was supposed to be this coming Saturday, but we had to re-schedule for Feb. 19.  I am so happy to be able to give my kids the opportunity to have a positive skating experience; and I'm thrilled that a number of their friends will be joining them.

5.  The Oscars!  Pool or no pool (because I have no expectation of winning;) I just LOVE watching the Oscars. 

6.  "GLEE" "GLEE" and more "GLEE"  I have no interest in the Superbowl, whatsoever; but following the Superbowl will be an episode of "GLEE," and then back in it's regularly scheduled Tuesday time slot will be "GLEE;"  and for a GLEEk like me; that's something to smile about.

7.  My next pedicure.  I have an appointment with my friend Jenny, at Pure Elements; right after I finish work next Wednesday. Jenny does such an amazing job; and she's always fun to be around.  SO, shameless plug for Jenny, if anyone in the Peoria, Phoenix area wants to get a pedicure; I HIGHLY recommend making an appointment with her.

8.  Time off.  Of course I'm referring to the time that we're taking off to go to California; but in addition to our excitement about where and why we're going; it will be fantastic for the five of us to have time to relax together.

9.  Date day!  Luis and I will be celebrating an early Valentine's day tomorrow.  It seems like with all of the painting and things we've had going on, we haven't had a good bona fide date in several weeks and we are planning a special day for Friday.

10.  Just 175 days until I turn 44!  Need I say more?

Ahh!hh I took a deep breath; and I can honestly say that comprising this list has made me feel better.  It's put things in perspective; the things that are REALLY important.  Sure, there may be bumps in the road; but if everything was always straight and predictable; life would be kind of boring.  Don't get me wrong; I could use a little straight and predictable for a while; but I also know that when they occur, I am strong enough to weather any bumpy rides.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING 

No comments: