Tuesday, February 1, 2011

(43-189) Just Like The Turtle

Just as I've promised in the past, that "The Bumpy Ride" is not becoming an all scrapbooking blog, an all soccer blog, an all politics blog, an all feet blog; (I know; I can't believe that's something that I've actually had to promise; but there had been quite a few posts about my feet; so I felt that I had to provide assurances at the time, that there would be other topics in the near future;) but I digress.  Yes, I know; I digress a lot; hence the name "The BUMPY Ride."  Anyway, in addition to all of the things I've assured you were not becoming the main focus of my blog; you can now add to the list, quotes; as I promise that this is not becoming an all quotes blog; BUT, (you knew there was a but, didn't you?)  BUT, today I took a quick look at quotes to find one for my Facebook status, and in no time, I found one that made A LOT of sense to me; so I posted, "Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out."
- James Bryant Conant

I have to tell you, in case you don't already know;  I am one who is CONSTANTLY sticking their neck out.  And,  though it's sad to say; I'm starting to question if I can endure the criticism and trouble that I all too often experience, when doing so.  Well earlier today I would have replied "NO," to that question.  I felt beat down.  I felt frustrated.  I felt sad, I second guessed myself and I was anxious; very anxious; and I thought to myself "this isn't worth it."   I thought "maybe it's time for someone else to volunteer.  For someone else to subject themselves to being misunderstood when they had nothing but the best intentions;" BUT; that's just not me.  It's my nature to help.  As difficult as things can be made for me; is as much as I feel the need to provide assistance when it's needed; and that's why, being reminded about the turtle sticking its neck out, had such a profound affect on me.

So, just like the turtle; I will continue on my path.  I will be true to myself; but I will also tread a lot more cautiously, a lot more carefully; a lot more quietly; and I will learn from each experience.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

1 comment:

Joni Parker said...

You make a good turtle!!