Tuesday, February 8, 2011

(43-196) Thank You Winston Churchill

Yes of course I caught what the kids have.  You can't be in close proximity to these germs and love on them as much as I do; and NOT catch this crap; but what's a mom to do?  I've been coughing for a few days now; but I was hoping that it was just the power of suggestion. I tried to remain positive, and disregard my symptoms; but when my temp got to 101.5; I knew that it was official. Thankfully I don't feel nearly as bad as one might expect; but nonetheless; I KNOW that if we can't rid ourselves of at least these fevers; we can't take our trip on Thursday. 

Now I haven't mentioned Luis thus far; and that might just be my way of willing him NOT to get sick; but I will tell you that (knock on wood) he's been fever free to date; although his nose has been running which isn't the case for any of the rest of us.

I knew that I needed to update my cousin Jackie this morning, so I texted her to let her know that I was now running a temperature; and she was amazingly optimistic.  I've been trying to remain positive as well; but I worry about getting anyone in her family sick.

Because I want to believe that we will all be well enough to travel, and not spread our illness to anyone else; I decided to look for a quote (big surprise I'm sure;) that would inspire me to think the best.  I quickly found a quote by Winston Churchill; and even though it doesn't exactly pertain to THIS situation; I thought it related very well to everything else that I've been experiencing these past two weeks.  A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”   

If you've read "The Bumpy Ride" before; then you know that I'm a big (yes) HUGE fan of optimism.  And I have to say, Thank you Winston Churchill; because your words were exactly the reminder that I needed, in order to move freely past all that's been troubling me; Flu as well. 
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

No comments: