Thursday, February 24, 2011

(43-212) Brave Girls Club

Sometime during this past summer, my friend Rachel K, forwarded me an email called "A Little Bird Told me...Your Daily Truth from the Brave Girls Club." Now trust me when I tell you that this club does not need my endorsement, as they are known far and wide, especially in the scrapbooking community. But; I've decided to write about Brave Girls Club today, because I really loved the "daily truth" that I received last night; AND, because I believe that receiving these emails is actually in the best interest of your (say it with me,) "Greater Good."

I am definitely of the opinion that if it ain't broke; you shouldn't fix it. So rather than try to explain what the Brave Girls Club is or "Your Daily Truth," for that matter; I'm just going to copy and paste, the founder's (Melody and Kathy) explanation:
"This is a crazy world that forces confusing lies upon us every day -- lies about what is most important, who we are, who we can become, what we can accomplish, our value, our potential, our worth, what makes our lives meaningful, how and where we can find true happiness, and on and on. So we've decided to wage our own little war against those lies by sending our brave friends a daily truth. Think of it as a little bird delivering your truth -- and imagine that this truth-teller is someone who loves you and understands you completely.
Our daily emails are a free gift that is sent most weekdays, Monday through Friday, with all our love and wishes for everything joyful and brave and true.


"With that being said; here's the daily truth that they sent out yesterday:
"Dear Creative Girl,
Did you know that being creative is simply making something that did not exist before you made it? We are ALL creative, and being creative is a very important, wonderful part of being alive.

You can be creative with your meals, with your clothes, with your parenting, and with your job. You can be creative in friendship, in gardening, in the books you choose. Anything!
Please don't EVER tell yourself that you are not creative, or that others are more creative than you are. Creativity is a tremendous gift that was born into all of us and that keeps our lives interesting. It is a gift that helps others because we can all think of new things that others would not think of themselves.
Share your creativity today. It is healing, it is exciting, and it is essential for forward progress. We believe in you and all that you do. Don't let the world miss out on your creative ideas!!! We need you!"


The "daily truth" is not always about creativity; not by a long shot. That just happened to be the focus of last night's message. So trust me when I tell you that you don't have to think of yourself as a creative individual in order to benefit from these emails.

Thus far, I haven't participated in the Brave Girls online community; but they do have one if you're interested. I can and will say, that I have found great comfort and encouragement from receiving the "daily truths" email. Sometimes I feel as though they've read my mind. They let me know that certain feelings, thoughts or behaviors, that I may have felt were uncommon are really VERY common and they inspire me to be who I am. Do I always love them? No. But there are "daily truths" that I've saved and re-read when I've needed a reminder that I am brave, I am special, and I am worth it; and I think that you're worth it too. You are all unique and wonderful; and a daily reminder of that is an excellent thing; so I encourage you to check out. "A little bird told me" - your Daily Truth from The Brave Girls Club."
Till next time...                                                             
Queen of EVERYTHING

2 comments:

Joni Parker said...

Looks interesting...TFS

Joni Parker said...

Ok, my turn to share.. ... Please check out my blog post today so you can see an interesting conversation I had with Joseph ...

http://joniparkerstuff.blogspot.com/2011/02/politically-correct-age-seven-funny.html#comments