Saturday, February 26, 2011

(43-214) VERY Big News!

I have news, I have news, I have VERY big news!  When I wrote "Making Plans," I told you that I was starting to think about arranging a celebration for my 44th birthday; and I mentioned the possibility of taking a trip to Las Vegas to see "Mamma Mia."  Well, the next day, I got an email from my amazing, friend Rachel S (who I wrote about in "The Care Package;") and she wrote something to the effect of "We also have shows in New York."  I responded, telling Rachel that I'd love to come to New York; but I didn't think that I would be able to, any time soon.  Shortly after that, I posted "Pizza Timeline," which prompted a conversation between my dear, friend, Dawn and I; about the fact that I hadn't been to New York since 1996; and she encouraged me to come for a visit.

With two friends now having mentioned the possibility of a New York trip, my wheels were turning.  I spoke to Luis and we agreed, that in honor of my 44th birthday, I should in fact GO TO NEW YORK.  I told Luis that I wanted to be home with him and the kids for my birthday; (and my local friends as well; of course)  but I could take a red eye to New York that night; and he agreed.  I was now in planning mode; and I could barely contain my excitement, when I asked my cousin, Jackie if she wanted to go to New York with me;and she immediatley got on board. Everything was starting to come together; but there was one final detail that I needed to address.  I'd been considering taking one of my kids with me; and I thought that Lyndzi would be the perfect choice.  I discussed my idea with Luis and without hesitation he agreed. 

I spoke with Rachel via email and confirmed that Jackie, Lyndzi and I would arrive in New York on Friday, July 29 and we accepted her most gracious invitation to stay with her.  Rachel was as generous as ever and told me that we were all welcome, as were any of my other friends that needed a place to crash for the night.  We briefly discussed the need to find a location / restaurant where we could meet with all of my friends; and our need to find out how many people were interested in going to see "Mamma Mia," so that we could try to get a great deal on tickets.

So there you have it, in a nutshell.  I'm going to be in New York from July 29 until Aug 1; and I desperately want to see as many people as possible; so anyone who's interested in getting together while I'm there, please let me know, so that we can make PLANS.  I know that it won't be possible for me to go to all of the places that I'd like to go; but at the least, I want to go to China town, eat Italian food, and see "Mamma Mia."  I want to go to New City, so that I can show Lyndzi and Jackie where I grew up; AND go to to a diner, of course.  Last but not least; Jackie and I are planning to go to the cemetery where my mom and our grandparents are buried.  We know that it won't be easy, but it's something that we know in our hearts, we need to do.

I am so overjoyed about the prospect of seeing so many of my old friends.
I can't think of a more perfect way to celebrate my 44th birthday and I look forward to hearing every one's input and suggestions.  If you you don't currently live in the New York area, but there's a will and a way for you to get there during my birthday celebration; I would be so delighted to see you.  The more the merrier!!
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Woooooooo hooooooooooo! That is AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

That's great!! We've never been to NYC "proper"...one of the things on my bucket list!! I'll have to get the scoop from you!!

Bernice Hopper said...

Fantastic. NYC is amazing. There's a fantastic revolving restaurant at the Marriott Marquis Hotel on Broadway (Times Square) with an eat all you can buffet. If you get there an hour before sunset you get to see the view in daylight and then watch the lights come on and see NYC all lit up. Also squeeze into the budget the touristy thing to do!!! Go on a carriage ride through Central Park.