Sunday, June 12, 2011

(43-320) Playing Games

Our camping trip was a little too short but very sweet.  We spent two and a half days relaxing in the high country. Now we're home, showered, and semi-un-packed;  and believe it or not, I can't wait to go camping again. 

One of the things that I like best about camping is the time it affords us to play games.  I LOVE playing games of all kinds, although it's not something that we've had a lot of time to do lately.  Because I'm such a big (yes) HUGE fan of continuity; in keeping with the short but sweet theme, today I'm going to "Give ya five" of my  All-Time Favorite Games:

1.  Backgammon - I learned to play when I was about eight years old, and as long as I have a willing opponent, I could sit and play for hours.

2.  Scrabble - Lover of words that I am, this must seem like an obvious choice.  But if you're ever played Scrabble, then you know that it's not just about the words, it's about the placement of them as well, and since I'm a big strategist, this game suits several parts of my brain.

3.  Farkle - If you've never played this game, run don't walk and download the free directions.  All you need are six dice and you're in for hours of fun.  This is a game of luck and chance and if you're someone who enjoys games; this one is not to be missed.

4. Rummikub - Another oldie but goodie.  I learned to play Rummikub when I was about ten I think.  I liked the idea of playing the tile game since it reminded me of Mah Jong, which my mom played weekly.  This is a great game to play with other adults or kids.

5.  Poker - I'm not the best poker player by far - mMostly because I have a terrible Poker face.  But I really appreciate the variety of this game.  There are so many different games under the Poker umbrella, I don't think that I could ever tire of it.  

Before we left Payson we were going to stop and get Pizza with our friends; provided that we could dine on the patio, since we had Hershey with us.  The patio was full so we decided to grab fast food instead and get together for Pizza tonight.  I'm gonna bring  my games, so that we can put the perfect finish to a wonderful weekend.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

No comments: