Wednesday, November 3, 2010

(43-99) Guess Who Sang?

This morning was not a happy one, as I read my friend Lori's Facebook posts, saying that the Peoria school district override hadn't passed.  I'm not going to get into the details of what this would mean for our school district as I'm told that there are still early ballots that need to be counted, and I want to remain positive and optimistic until then - but suffice it to say that before learning about the uncounted ballots, I was quite distressed.

I got the kids ready for school, and I told them that since both Lyndzi and Kelsie had art today; I was going to meet them on campus for dismissal.  I reminded the girls that I expected them to be polite and cooperative with the art teacher; but assured them that my purpose for meeting them on campus was so that I could go directly to the principal if I received any concerning reports from them. 

I dropped the kids off at school and got back to work; but school and everything about it was very much on my mind.  Have you ever had one of those moments when you were  absolutely miserable but then you receive the MOST incredible news and you are deliriously happy?  OK, well, I'd never had one of those moments before either - until today! 

When I wrote "The Art Thief," and followed it up with "It Aint Over...,"  I thought that I had shared that it was my goal to have the Art Nazi gone by Christmas.  But looking back at my posts, I found that I never put that in writing; I had just shared that fervent hope with some of my friends.  Well MY FRIENDS; Christmas has indeed come early; as today I received the news that the Art teacher from hell had quit.  YES, you read that right, the Art Nazi resigned today; and I am delighted to report that the children will not be subjected to her anymore.  Talk about the GREATER GOOD!  Let creativity, crooked lines and the love of art prevail!!

To say that I am overjoyed would be an understatement.  I am THRILLED, I am GRATIFIED, I feel VICTORIOUS!  I feel like shouting "Ding Dong the witch is dead!"  Hallelujah!  Praise the Lord!  Thank you God!  AND EVERY OTHER proclamation that I can think of.  Yes indeed, the fat lady has sang!
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow! I can't believe she quit! Glad that weight is off the kids now :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

Well...I guess "the greater good" prevailed!!! Honestly, it was pretty evident that it wasn't a good fit...so wish her well in whatever her next endeavor is! (Broom factory supervisor, green face paint make-up artist...you know..whatever!!)