Saturday, December 4, 2010

(43-130) Tis The Season...

When I wrote "Welcoming the Season," I told you that we were going to the Red Rock Light Fantasy in Sedona; and then when I posted "Yes Wii Can," I explained that we chose to postpone our excursion, since my friend Jen had gotten a migraine.  Well today's the day and we're really looking forward to heading up north.

We started our very, chilly morning on the soccer field at 730am.  Nicky had a terrific game, scoring 2 goals and even playing goalie for a while.  I was very impressed with how he played.  It's such a wonderful privilege to watch his confidence grow.
Kelsie had forgotten her cleats, so in between Nicky and Lyndzi's games; Kels and I drove back to the house to get them.  Lyndzi's game was already in progress with a tie score, by the time we returned.  Lyndzi played goalie for the second half; and she definitely meant business.  At one point a ball was heading straight for her face, but she managed to block both her gorgeous face and the goal at the same time.  The game ended with T-N-T winning 7 to 2.
We moved on to Kelsie's game; and sadly, our opponents took an early lead and we never recovered.  I was nervous for Kelsie who played goalie during the second half; but I think she did a very admirable job.  The Torpedos experienced their first lost; but I have to say that they were great sports about it.  
I thought that the U8 games were over for the day and I asked some of the dads to help Luis take the goal down.  A number of the dads pitched in; but just as we were about to walk away; some people from another team showed up and advised us that they had a 1230 game.  My BAD!  I can't be right all of the time and clearly I was mistaken.  Luis and I dragged the goal back out  and set it up again; and in no time at all we were on our way.

We're happily getting ready to take our holiday photo and look at the beautiful, light displays.  AND; tis the season; I'd like to share some more of my favorite holiday music.   No matter what your holiday is; I hope these bring you a smile:
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Bruce Springsteen
Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - U2
Please Come home For Christmas - Eagles
Same Old Lang Syne - Dan Fogelberg
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

1 comment:

Joni Parker said...

Well how was it??? (the lights)