Thursday, May 5, 2011

(43-282) In Honor Of Mothers

A couple of days ago I was on Facebook and I noticed that my friend Andrew had changed his profile picture to one of him and his mom, and in his status, he posted "Passing along the idea to honor our Mothers by including them in our profile pictures and keeping it until Monday May 9. So change your profile picture to a picture of your mother (or you & your mother). If you like this idea, please post as your status so everyone gets the word and see how many beautiful mothers we can get on FB! "  I have to admit that when I saw this I thought that it was incredibly sweet, but it also made me feel a little sad, because I have so few pictures of my mom; and I wanted to share one.

Well, yesterday I remembered that I had once posted an old picture of my mom and Richie Howell, right here on "The Bumpy Ride," so I grabbed it up and changed my Facebook profile picture after all. Now I know that I've shown this pic before, but just like I've posted my picture of me and Maks on more than one occasion, I'm going to share this one again as well, because it's such a beauty.

It would be very easy for me to get depressed about Mother's day and missing my mom; but I'm not going to do that.  Instead, since I'm certain that my mom would prefer for me to have a smile on my face while remembering her; I'm choosing to share some quotes about mothers.  Some funny, some profound and ALL true.

“A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” ~Tenneva Jordan

 "Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly."
~Ambrose Bierce

"There is an instinct in a woman to love most her own child - and an instinct to make any child who needs her love, her own."  ~ Robert Brault

"Mother's love grows by giving." ~ Charles Lamb

"My mother's menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it."  ~Buddy Hackett

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing."
~ Phyllis Diller


"A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take." ~ Cardinal Mermillod

“A mother understands what a child does not say.” ~ Jewish Proverb

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one"
~ Jill Churchill

"Loving a child doesn't mean giving in to all his whims; to love him is to bring out the best in him, to teach him to love what is difficult." ~ Nadia Boulanger
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

No comments: