Friday, May 6, 2011

(43-283) WHAT Has Hershey Done?

If you've ever joined me on "The Bumpy Ride" before, then you may already know the following:  1.  Hershey is my 2 1/2 year old Chihuahua.  2.Richie Howell was a Private Investigator.  3.  As I am the daughter of Richie Howell, I seem to have inherited some uncommon detective-ish skills. And  4.  I have an OVERactive imagination.

So by now you've probably figured out that "WHAT Has Hershey Done?" is another installment of the "Queen of EVERYTHING P.I" series, along with  "To Camp Or Not To Camp."  (shameless plug I know...)  Anyway, I'm sure that the question on all of your minds is "WHAT Has Hershey Done?"  And THAT my friends is what I still need to figure out.

So here's what has me thinking that she's done SOMETHING:
1.  At approximately 5:05am Hershey was downstairs barking at something; when she had previously been in bed with me.
2.  I called to Hershey and told her to come back upstairs (which she usually does when I tell her to do so;) but she did not.
3.  When I came downstairs at approximately 5:55am Hershey was laying on a pillow on the play room couch.  This is in and of itself is very strange, because after Hershey gets up with me, if she can find anyone still in bed, she ALWAYS chooses someone to go to sleep with. She even plays musical beds if the child that she was sleeping with gets up, and others are still asleep.  She NEVER opts for the couch if there is someone she can snuggle up to in a bed. So staying on the couch, BY HERSELF is unheard of.
4.  When I greeted Hershey, instead of going through our morning ritual like we usually do, she laid on the pillow looking extraordinarily guilty, AND she growled at me.
5.  At approximately 630AM I went upstairs to wake Lyndzi up, and although Hershey is typically underfoot when I do so; she remained on the couch and didn't budge.

SUSPICIOUS I tell you!  Now one of these things alone would have caused me to think that something was awry, but all five of these things?  No, I was definitely convinced that somehow Hershey had been up to no good; even though she is usually a very obedient and well behaved dog.

Well, an entire day has now passed.  I started writing this blog around 930 this morning, and I had to leave it for several hours.  I was convinced that by the time I resumed writing it, I would have figured out WHAT Hershey did, but thus far we haven't been able to find a thing.  I'm not gonna close the case on this one just yet.  And rest assured that if I figure out WHAT Hershey did, you'll be hearing about.  But for now, I'll just have to chalk it up to a number of coincidences and my VERY overactive imagination.
Till next time...

No comments: