Friday, May 13, 2011

(43-289) Harshing My Gig

So here's some more irony for you. The first line of tonight's post was going to be "So now that Blogger's up and running, I'm free to quote previous posts and provide links until my heart’s content." I was then going to refresh your memory about "Food Tidings," and bring you up to date on the meal that I brought to Mari and her family. However, for the second night in a row, Blogger is harshing my gig; only this time it's worse than before.

I sat down to write my post tonight, and found that once again Blogger was in read only mode due to maintenance; but this time, they didn't provide any time line as to when the problem might be solved, or when we'd be able to do more than read posts. Given this situation, the only thing that I could do to remain true to my promise to write a post a day; is WRITE my post for Thursday, May 12, 2011 and publish it as soon as Blogger would allow.

If you’ve been following “The Bumpy Ride,” then you may recall that a couple of weeks ago I told you that Mari's 18 year old daughter had been in the hospital and that I signed up (through to bring a meal to her family. Well, tonight was finally my night and I am delighted to announce that Mari herself was able to enjoy the dinner that I'd prepared; as her daughter was discharged from the hospital this afternoon and they went home.
Although her daughter's road to recovery will be a long one; we are all thrilled that she has returned home to recuperate. Thank you so much to all of you who said a prayer for Mari and her family.

Now if you’re anything like me, then I know that you’ll want to know what I made for dinner; and since I aim to please, I’ll tell you. I thought I’d keep it simple and I went for one of my kid’s faves since I was going to be serving them the same thing. I prepared baked rigatoni with ground beef and mozzarella cheese. I brought them fixings for a salad, inclusive of a garlic Caesar salad kit, an extra bag of Romaine lettuce, a bag of shredded carrots and a can of black olives. I also brought a warm loaf of French bread; and it was a hit with both families.

Prior to visiting Mari and her daughter in the hospital, I felt helpless. I felt like I was failing my friend because there was nothing that I could do to comfort her or make things easier for her. Once I got myself to the hospital for a visit, I felt a little more useful; but finally preparing dinner for them really made me feel like I had made a difference; even if just in a small way.
Till next time...

No comments: