Tuesday, May 24, 2011

(43-301) THOUGHTFUL

We've all heard the expression, "If you look up (blank) in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of (blank's) face."  Well, I have to tell you that if you looked up THOUGHTFUL in the dictionary, you would see a picture of my dear friend, Rachel S' face.  I've written about Rachel S a couple of times during the course of the 43 series; but I really sang her praises (and deservingly so), in "The Care Package."  Just to refresh your memory, (or if your a new rider)  Rachel and her mom, Penny had sent me a very generous care package of some comfort foods that I'd casually mentioned missing.  It was entirely unexpected and incredibly appreciated, and the words that I wrote really didn't do them justice.
I told you about Rachel again, when I shared my plans to go to New York this summer, and then again when I told you last week about how Rachel told her mom that I liked to shop at Kohl's and her mom sent me $20 worth of gift cards.  What I didn't tell you was that a couple of months after I posted "The Truth About Ladybugs,"  I received a little package in the mail.  The return address was Rachel's and I had no idea what or why she would be sending me something.  When I opened the package, I found the most adorable little case that was shaped like a strawberry, and inside the case was a ring with a ladybug on it.  Once again I was blown away by Rachel's thoughtfulness.  I couldn't believe that she thought of me when she saw that ladybug ring; and the fact that she bought it for me, touched me deeply.
Well, on Monday morning I logged on to my work computer, and Rachel had sent me an email.  It didn't say anything; it just had this picture...  
And that meant the world to me.  How many people would see a picture in the newspaper and take the time to email it to a friend just because they thought that they might like it.  Sometimes it's just the little things that a friend does for you that makes you realize just how thoughtful they are; and lets you know how much you mean to them.  Rachel is the epitome of THOUGHTFUL.  It runs in her family; and I feel so blessed that it does. 
Sometimes saying "Thank you" just doesn't seem like enough.  So I'd like to share these sentiments:
 
"Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others, cannot keep it from themselves."
~James Matthew Barrie

"A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives roses."
 ~Chinese Proverb

"Because that's what kindness is. It's not doing something for someone else because they can't, but because you can."

 ~Andrew Iskander


"In about the same degree as you are helpful, you will be happy." ~Karl Reiland

"It's not that successful people are givers; it is that givers are successful people." ~Patti Thor


All of these quotes exemplify how Rachel lives her life.  She is wise and fair, and generous and understanding; and her friendship is a precious gift.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

No comments: