Sunday, May 1, 2011

(43-278) God Bless America!

While we were eating dinner, and watching "America's Next Great Restaurant," our show was interrupted by a newscaster who said that the President would be making a speech shortly.  The newscaster went on to say that the President was expected to announce that Osama Bin Laden had either been captured or killed; and I was moved to tears.

We anxiously awaited more information, and the newscaster confirmed that Bin Laden was dead and the U.S had his body.  Luis and I discussed what this meant with our kids, and they asked some really good questions.  We cleared off the table and continued to watch the news, and Luis quietly pointed out to me that both Lyndzi and Kelsie had gone to sit on the couch and watch the news, rather than leave the room to go play; and I was so impressed.

A little later, President Obama  took to the podium and shared the historic news that Osama Bin Laden had been captured and killed, and we were all overjoyed and extremely thankful.

Just as I will never forget where I was when I heard the news of the 911 attacks; I will always remember where I was when I heard that Osama Bin Laden was no longer a threat to the United States of America.  Thusly, tonight I will say an extra prayer, for our military personnel, who risk their lives every day to protect the people of our country.
Till next time...

Queen of EVERYTHING 

No comments: