Sunday, May 8, 2011

(43-285) A Love Song For My Family

Even though it's the designated day to show your appreciation for your mom,  we didn't make any special plans today.  I didn't feel the need to do anything differently than I usually do on Sunday, because luckily for me EVERY DAY feels like Mother's Day.  EVERY DAY my children let me know how much they love me and how important I am to them.

Luis and my kid's acknowledged Mother's day from the moment I got up, by giving me cards and well wishes; and that was more than enough for me.  I ran some errands with my kids, and then dropped Nicky and our Trader Joe's purchase off at home, before proceeding to Fry's with my girls. 

While we were at Fry's they were playing Celine Dion's "Because you loved me,"  and I swear, I listened and I almost started crying right there in the paper towel aisle; because I thought, "This is EXACTLY how I feel about Luis and my kids.  I am everything that I am, because they love me."

When I met Luis I was thoroughly alone, and knowing that he loved me, made me feel safe, and gave me the courage to become the person, the wife and the mom that I am now.  As for my kids, being THEIR mom, loving them and having them love me, has made me the person that I was meant to be.

To express my deepest gratitude to Luis, Nicky, Lyndzi and Kelsie this Mother's day, it's my pleasure to share  Celine Dion's "Because you loved me."
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

No comments: