Monday, May 2, 2011

(43-279) The FRIENDSHIP Kit

I've written many, many, times about my amazing friend, Rachel K; and tonight in honor of her birthday, I'm going to do so again.  Rachel is an extraordinarily, busy woman.  In addition to her job as a fundraising consultant, Rachel operates the Scrapbooking from the Inside Out kit club and online community, and is currently planning the CRAFT Beach Retreat, which I previously mentioned in a blog of the same name.

When I wrote about the retreat, I told you how honored I was that Rachel had asked me to be a part of her team; and I am equally thrilled to be doing some more work for her on her website.  If you're not familiar with the Scrapbooking from the Inside Out kit club, each kit is based on an emotion, and you may find inspiration for your lay outs through various quotes, images and a song play list that are provided on the website. I am delighted to announce that after offering my assistance to Rachel, she asked me to create the play list for May's brand new kit FRIENDSHIP and it was my pleasure to do it.

As soon as I started thinking about friendship themed songs, I immediately thought of Lucy and Ethel's "Friendship song" from "I Love Lucy."  I suggested it to Rachel, and she thought that it would be fun to share the video; so we did.  In honor of FRIENDSHIP, I'm also going to share this classic clip with you.  If you'd like to hear the play list, or check out the kit club to see what it's all about, please stop by Scrapbooking from the Inside Out.   And just to peak your curiosity further, I'll tell you that "The Friendship kit includes a carefully curated selection of paper from four different manufacturers’ lines – American Crafts’ joyful and feminine Peachy Keen, Basic Grey’s playful Hopscotch, Crate Paper’s homespun Neighborhood and Cosmo Cricket’s colorful Saltair." 

12 Sheets Double Sided Patterned Paper: * American Crafts Peachy Keen Thing of Beauty *American Crafts Peachy Keen Heavens to Betsy * American Crafts Peachy Keen Mother Always Says * American Crafts Peachy Keen Easy as Pie * Basic Grey Hopscotch First Dance * Basic Grey Hopscotch Tire Swing * Basic Grey Hopscotch Monkey Bars * Crate Paper Neighborhood Chores * Crate Paper Neighborhood Friendly * Crate Paper Neighborhood Together * Cosmo Cricket Saltair Coral Bloom * Cosmo Cricket Saltair Seagarden

Embellishments: * AC Thickers Sunset Printed Chipboard - Blush * AC Peachy Keen Bits, Decorative Tags, 4 pcs * AC Peachy Keen Flair - Good Golly, 2 pcs * Basic Grey Hopscotch Chip Sticker Shapes, 1 sheet * Crate Paper Neighborhood Border Stickers, 1/2 sheet * Jillibean Soup Corrugated Shapes, Houses, 5 pcs * Maya Road Zipper Trim, Sky Blue, 2 ft * My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose - Gertie You and Me Title * My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose - Gertie Friends Forever Journal Card * Prima Soft Rose Trim Aqua 14 inches * Sassafras Mini Alphas Yellow Paper
* Websters Whimsies Roses in Bloom - Periwinkle, 3 pcs * Websters Yacht Club Princess Petals Florettes, full package

Technique: * Cosmo Cricket Glubers, 3 pcs, one of each size

Cardstock: * American Crafts Mint * American Crafts Blueberry * American Crafts Charcoal  *American Crafts Parfait

Color: * Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Stain - Spun Sugar

Now if you're not a scrapbooker, I know that the contents of the FRIENDSHIP kit may not be of interest to you, and I thank you for indulging me; but if you scrapbooking is your thang, then you KNOW that the FRIENDSHIP kit is something special.

I'm so happy to take a more active role at Scrapbooking from the Inside Out; and I hope that you will visit me there.  In the name of FRIENDSHIP, I would also like to say that I wish Rachel the happiest of birthdays.  My dear friend has had a year of devastating losses (some of which I've told you about before,) and it is my fervent hope that this year is her best yet.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rachel!!  I love you MY FRIEND!
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

No comments: