Saturday, May 28, 2011

(43-305) "The Hangover 2"

Luis and I are big (yes,)  HUGE fans of "The Hangover," so as soon as I learned the release date for "The Hangover 2," I got busy making plans to go and see it on the 27th.  We chose to go to the 620pm show, and Luis and I got to the theater around 5, in the hopes of getting really good seats.  Our willingness to wait for a while paid off and we got seven seats in the row in front of the railing, so we'd be able to put our feet up. (Heaven!)

Lisa B and Eric arrived while we were still on line, so we were able to avoid any patrons who might be disgruntled about two people holding seven seats in such a prime row.  Tina arrived shortly after we sat down, and then Jenny and (SMF) David followed.  We all had our $1 drink cups (and Lisa supplied extras for those who didn't.   She also shared her popcorn shirt so that whoever wanted to could get a medium popcorn for free.  Luis paid $1 and upgraded ours to a large (since we both LOVE movie popcorn) and we all settled in, to laugh our asses off.

Just before the previews were about to start, a young, guy in a suit, who introduced himself as Mr. Something that I can't remember, started talking to the audience over a hand held microphone.  He thanked us for coming to Harkins, and babbled a bit about how we could have gone somewhere else etc.etc.and it was apparent that he amused himself (though no one else.)  He then gave us a sermon on texting, and went on to say that if you were to text during the movie, a light would be shining off of you for a 12 mile radius.  Yes, he said 12 miles, but then corrected himself and said 12 feet.  He then told us that people would be very upset with us if we texted. I dunnon, maybe he was expecting a younger audience for this film.
Lastly he told us that "The Hangover 2" was hysterical, and I quote, "It has a lot of hang, a lot of over and a lot of 2."  I think he thought himself quite clever; but again, I don't think that anyone agreed.  After he departed, Lisa asked if I'd ever seen anything like that before. And I said "No."  I can't remember if it was Lisa or Tina who asked "Why do you think he did that?"  To which I replied "To give me something to blog about."  And we all laughed.

Earlier in the day I told Shannon that I was going to see "The Hangover 2" and she told me that it hadn't gotten good reviews, because it was just more of the same.  I told her that I never pay attention to reviews anyway, and that it was absolutely fine with me if it was more of the same.  In my opinion the first one was so good, it would be really difficult to top it; but as long as I got some laughs, I'd be satisfied.

Well, I was satisfied!  It was crude, it was vulgar, it was raunchier than the first; and I loved it.  I screamed, I laughed, and I had a really good time.  I won't tell you anything more about it at all.  I'll just say that if you go to see it not expecting the best story and just wanting to laugh - you won't be disappointed.  Will I be going back to see it in the theater a second time, like I did with the first?  No; but I will definitely watch it again when it comes out on DVD.

All and all, it was a great night.  We laughed from the time we sat down with our friends, through the movie, and at dinner.  It was so much fun to get out together; and I look forward to the next time.  Hopefully sooner than later.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

No comments: