Saturday, August 7, 2010

(43-11) The Red Box

I know that a lot of people are fans of Netflix; and I certainly don't have one negative thing to say about them; in fact, I give them the utmost credit for their ingenuity.  Now there's a business idea that I wish I'd had AND that Blockbuster wishes Netflix hadn't.  I personally don't utilize Netflix because I never seem to have the time to watch enough movies to make it worth my while.  Heck, I only just finished watching 2 months worth of "General Hospital" episodes that had been stacking up on my DVR.
Anyway, when I do find the time to watch a movie, or there's something new that my kids want to see, I rent from The Red Box.  I'm a fan of The Red Box.  DVD rentals are just $1.00 a day, you can reserve online so that you don't have to drive from location to location looking for the movie that you want; AND you can return your DVD to ANY location, not just the one that you got it from; ALTHOUGH you do need to make sure that you return it to A RED BOX, red box; because there are imitations out there; and YES of course I'm telling you this from experience...
The first time that we rented a movie from The Red Box, I had to reserve at a location that was not THE CLOSEST to my house; so when it came to return it, I opted to go to the supermarket that was closer to our home.  I left the kids in the car, which I double parked, ran in and was trying to return the DVD but I just couldn't get the machine to accept it.  I tried and tried and finally when my patience ran out; I went back to the car and asked Nicky to come inside to help me.   (I know, that's just sad in it's own right.)  Nicky tried for a while but he couldn't figure it out either; so I waved down a manager and I politely informed him that I was having trouble returning a DVD and he took a look at it and politely me informed me that this was NOT The Red Box.  Oh my God!  To say that I was embarrassed would be an understatement.  I fell prey to the impostor!  Yes, the supermarkets also seem to have their own version of The Red Box and of course they too are RED...Yikes!  So I took my RED face back to the car and hightailed it back to the location where I'd gotten it, and suffice it to say that the return went much smoother.
Now I'm sure that many of you have rented from The Red Box, or something like it; I just thought I'd write about it today because Michelle M and I had  talked about getting a movie for the kids and The Red Box was our plan.  I really needed to keep it light today and I remembered that when I'd told other friends that they could reserve a DVD ahead of time, this was GOOD news to them; and so in the interest of, say it with me "THE GREATER GOOD," I'm telling you.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL!!! That is a cute story Paige!! I had no idea they were different either! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

I don't really watch movies too much, but have considered RED BOX for movies for family night.... I didn't know about the "imposters" or reserving on-line...so I greatly appreciate this info!!!