Thursday, August 5, 2010

(43-9) Disco Diva

I wasn't planning on sharing the info in this post quite this soon; BUT, last night I was watching "So You Think You Can Dance;" which I LOVE; and I must say that although I think this season has been stupendous thus far; I was actually a lil disappointed.  If you've ever read my profile then you know that I love all kinds of music; (except heavy metal and opera) but my ALL TIME FAVE is Classic Disco. So, Disco Diva that I am; I was very disheartened when during last night's Disco routine (which was ONLY the second Disco routine of the season, mind you;) they used a song that was a lot more current than it was Disco; and so I say "for shame SYTYCD!"

So even though I was planning on sharing my Classic Disco picks with you at some point during the next 357 days, I felt compelled to strike while the iron was hot and while Classic Disco was REALLY on my mind.  And so I present a list of 5 of the classic disco tunes that I've been listening to on You Tube; so that you'll get a taste of what it is that I truly adore.  A sample of what makes my ears smile.  I've included my VERY first classic Disco fave ( the song that first made me want to boogie to the disco beat,)  my favorite song from 1978/79 and a couple of others that I think are a great representation of the fun that disco was all about.  Now I know that there are a lot of disco critics out there; so if these five tunes aren't for you, I fully understand; and we can TOTALLY still be friends;  but, I do hope that some of you will enjoy a blast from the past and get your groove on!
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

1.  A Little Lovin' (Keeps The Doctor Away) - The Raes
    (Short version 2.58 minutes )
        (FULL disco version 7.05 minutes)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ5fDrIwQAI

2.  Got To be Real - Cheryl Lynn
    
3.  H.A.P.P.Y.  Radio - Edwin Starr
    
4.  Mandolay - La Flavour

5.  Souvenirs - Voyage
    

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh these are tooooooooooooooooooo fun!! And I don't watch that show...what song did they play???? :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

Although I'm not a big music fan now....I was brought up in the Disco age and due to my roller skating years, am very familiar with most disco songs. I wanted to listed to these, but alas, I'm at work and YouTube is blocked... I'll stop back by tonight from home and reminisce.