Sunday, August 8, 2010

(43-12) My Something Special

Since both of my parents passed away by the time I was 19 years old; I always had the feeling that something very special was going to happen to me - something uncommon; something that others wouldn't experience.  It's not that I had a chip on my shoulder or that I thought that I was owed anything; it was just a notion that I believed wholeheartedly and took great comfort in.  At times I would wonder what that something special would be.  Maybe I'd be the first woman President, or achieve an uncommon goal; but once I fell in love with Luis, I KNEW!  I knew that Luis was MY SOMETHING SPECIAL and that we were going to have a love that was beyond compare and 16 years later, I still believe that I was right!!  I know that I have yet to share the story of how I met Luis; and I've previously explained that I was holding off on doing so because I didn't want Lifetime Television to snatch up my story without it being copy written; but I've now decided to submit the story to the "Glamour Magazine" essay contest; so God willing, you'll be reading it in Glamour at a later date.
Now Luis and I have our tiffs, spats and blow outs like most couples do and why wouldn't we; after all, I am the Queen of OVERTHINKING, The Queen of SENSITIVITY and OK I'll say it, The Queen of ARGUING; so of course I'm going to challenge the Prince of PATIENCE from time to time.  Nonetheless, despite our disagreements, I am still very much in love with my husband and I have to say that this weekend I fell in love with him ALL OVER AGAIN.
Sometimes there are defining moments in a couples relationship and we experienced one this weekend.  Luis was strong for me when I couldn't be; and he allowed himself to be put in an uncomfortable position in order to spare me and the kids from a painful situation.  Once again I can't go into details of the how and why; but suffice it to say that his generosity, his selflessness, and his protection moved me to tears.
Luis is our rock. He has the voice of reason and the strength of Hercules. Yesterday I truly was a damsel in distress and he was my Knight; my HERO.  The kids and I are so BLESSED to have Luis because what we have IS something VERY special indeed.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwwww this is sooooooooooooo sweet!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for the feature you wrote! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

What a nice story/tribute! Great news... let us know about Glamour...good luck!!!