Monday, August 2, 2010
(43-6) Holy Scrap!
While going through ALL of my gadgets, great deals and must haves; I came to a few realizations:
1. If I wouldn't buy something at full price; I don't NECESSARILY need to buy it when it's on sale. I think I would be much better served to pass by the sale and ONLY purchase something (even if, DARE I SAY, I have to pay full price,) at a time when I know for sure that I'm going to use it right away. This is a HUGE statement for me considering that I am the Queen of The DISCOUNT; but nonetheless, I think these are words that I need to heed.
2. I must commit to either USE it or LOSE it. If I don't start scrapbooking on a more regular basis, I really will need to try and sell off what I have because it won't be doing me any good.
3. While I was putting away some of the layouts that had yet to make it into my kids albums, I perused all of the pages that I'd done thus far and I found that I was very proud of many of them. I don't toot my own horn often when it comes to scrapbooking; but I think I've done a great job to date and I am assured that my kids love what I am passing down to them.
4. When I compared the pages that I'd completed to the photos that I still have hanging around in boxes and bags; it became apparent that I need to GET BUSY because what I can pass on in a scrapbook is so much more than the pictures themselves.
5. I need to take some advice recently offered to me by the very wise Julie Tucker; which was NOT to spend too much time stressing over designing a layout or worrying about the placement of EVERY little embellishment; because my kids are NEVER going to turn back to me and say "This is great mom but you should have put this flower in the other corner." By listening to Julie, I believe I will be able to be a lot more productive.
And so, by tomorrow night my guestroom / office / craft room will be renovated and I will actually have enough room in there to scrapbook with 1 or 2 friends at a time;,without feeling claustrophobic; so consider yourself invited. Let me know when you want to come by and preserve some memories with me.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING