Wednesday, August 25, 2010

(43-29) Fruits

Tonight I was in need of a topic; so I drew from Mari's "Memories and Thoughts" jar; and the piece of paper that I chose read, "What is your favorite fruit and what is your least favorite fruit?"  Remember, I said I "CHOSE" this piece of paper.   I just thought I'd keep it nice and simple this evening.

So I'm going to go at this backwards; big surprise; right?
My LEAST favorite fruit would have to be Strawberries (and the gasps abound.)  Yes I know; they're gorgeous, they're succulent and you'd be hard pressed to find a fruit that looks more appetizing than a strawberry; but the reason that it's my least favorite, is because I'm allergic to them.  Strawberries make me break out in hives and therefore I avoid them at all costs.  OK, so maybe that's cheating a little bit.  I hate strawberries because I can't eat strawberries; so being the Queen of FAIRNESS; I'll tell you my REAL least favorite fruit; and that would be Papaya.
Papaya - YUCK!  Even the name almost makes me gag.  (SORRY Papaya lovers.)  If you're not familiar with Papaya, you're lucky!  No, just kidding.  Papaya is a tropical fruit and sadly it masquerades itself as a mango on the outside; but inside there is a noxious smelling fruit that is just down right offensive.  Simply look at that picture; it just looks WRONG; a lovely melon colored fruit with all those disgusting black seeds. Blah!  I don't think that I could take a bite of Papaya if you paid me; so I think it's safe to say that it is DEFINITELY my least favorite.

Saved the best for last I did.  You know me, I always like to end on a positive note.  And with that being said; my FAVORITE fruit (are you on the edge of your seat yet;) is PINEAPPLE!  I just felt like the Chairmen on "Iron Chef" revealing the secret ingredient...  OHH Pineapple!  What a yummy treat.  When they're ripe and you can actually smell the sweetness emanating from their prickly hide, there is NOTHING better.  I relish the thought of a juicy bite of Pineapple.  Now in many ways Pineapple can be both a blessing and a curse.  First of all, in the fruit department I can't think of another that requires as much work to actually get to the delicious piece of fruit.  Strawberry, nope you just rinse it off and eat it.  Pineapple = work (if you buy it whole.)   Secondly, Pineapple can sometimes give you a little canker sore on your mouth; but isn't that human nature; we often want something that we know may cause us pain; right ladies??  Who knew I was going to get all psychological about fruit?  But I digress...
When I was pondering the question of my favorite fruit, for a moment I considered saying mango, but then when I thought about it, I realized that one of the things I like best about Mango is that you can taste other fruits in it; especially PINEAPPLE!  A bite of pineapple and I'm on vacation.  And Pineapple Upside Down Cake, need I say more?   So there you have it; Pineapple is my favorite fruit and I'm sticking to it.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This makes me giggle...cuz we just had fruit day at work yesterday...{they gave fruit to all that wanted it} and I CHOSE pineapple and strawberries!! LOL!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

Yummy topic!!! I'll have to remember to bring strawberries and papaya when I come visit you!!!

Rachel said...

You just reminded me that I let another week go by without going to the farmer's market. Boooo!!!!! Must have fruit!