Tuesday, August 17, 2010

(43-21) There's Something About Mari

I strongly believe that sometimes the universe just gives you what you need.  My friend Mari and her family had been in California for the summer and last week she told me that she had a birthday gift for me.  I assured her that her friendship was the only gift that I needed but she wouldn't hear that.  We'd made plans to get together a couple of times, and unfortunately we had to keep re-scheduling; but today we were finally able to meet; and it was well worth the wait.

Each of my friends is very special and important to me; but as we all know; "there's something about Mari..."  Mari and I met a few years ago through a mutual friend; and though I would see her at a crop from time to time; we didn't really start to build our own friendship until a few months ago.  Mari is like a breath of fresh air to me.  She is always very positive and cheery, she is an attentive and caring listener, she is helpful and kind, and one of the most involved and effective Mom's that I know.  Mari is always put together from head to toe.  Even if she's wearing jeans and a t-shirt, she's always coordinated, admirably well accessorized and she always looks fresh faced.  What can I say, it just feels good to be around her.  As if  all of this wasn't enough;  I have to say that I know a lot of scrapbookers and I mean no offense or disrespect to any of them; but I think that Mari is the BEST scrapbooker that I know.  Every time that  I see one of her layouts I never cease to be impressed.  She is remarkably creative and  I aspire to have my layouts look as good and thorough and polished as Mari's.   So at the risk of sounding like an enamored stalker; let  me add; Mari is a pleasure and just to be in her presence lifts my spirits.

So today Mari and I met at Starbucks.  We had a lot to catch up on and new ideas to discuss; and then of course there was the birthday gift that Mari insisted on giving me.  Let's start with the card... the card itself really would have been enough.  It was absolutely gorgeous; and so I feel the need to share it.  Sheer perfection.

In addition to the card, Mari bestowed me with a writing journal and a block of paper with a matching pen; that all coordinated with the piece de resistance; a
a "memories and thoughts," jar, that she'd decorated and filled with at least 400 writing prompts; for when I need inspiration or a blog idea.  Mari said that her gift was meant to encourage me to keep writing because she knows that it's my dream; and I was just  blown away.  I was / am so so touched and flattered by the thought and effort that Mari put into these gifts.  Could the "memories and thoughts" jar be more timely?  It's EXACTLY what I've needed.
I really can't thank Mari enough for her extraordinary gifts, (especially her friendship;)  and I hope that this post amply conveys my respect, appreciation and gratitude for all that she is and all that she does.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww that was sooooooooooooo nice of her!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the card! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Tammy said...

sounds just perfect!!

chksngr said...

Can Mari be my friend too? She gives amazingly thoughtful and appropriate gifts!! WOOHOO!!!

Joni Parker said...

What a blessing to have such a thoughtful friend. Thanks for sharing the story & her projects!

Phoenix Carrie said...

Mari rocks!