Sunday, August 1, 2010

(43-5) A Happy Tune

My guestroom / office / craft room was in need of a major overhaul as it had become the depository of ALL things that had no other place to go.  The eyesore of a room had been on our To-Do list for several weeks, but we finally tackled it this weekend; since my beloved friend Susie and her daughter Becky will be coming in from New York on Wednesday, to stay with us for a few days.
My entire family started cleaning and re-organizing on Friday and suffice it to say that we still have FAR to go; (which should come as no surprise for those of you who have actually had the displeasure of catching a glimpse of the room.  The rest of you will just have to picture the WORST.)  Once we're eventually done, my scrapbooking and bead supplies will be much more organized and everything that we're keeping should have its place; so I'm sincerely happy about this venture.  While we were toiling away I took the opportunity to pull up songs on YouTube and got to listen to a lot of great blasts from my past.  Since the computer is in the g/o/c room  I wasn't watching the videos; just listening to the tunes; and OK, dancing a bit; but my song selections made my day so much more enjoyable that I decided to blog about it.
Today I'm going to share 5 links for songs that made me smile.  I should remind you that my taste in music is EXTREMELY varied and although I make no apologies for my choices, I do understand that what I'm sharing may not be your cup of tea; but if even ONE of these songs puts a grin on your face, brings back a good memory or entices you to listen to something new; then I'll be truly gratified.
I made a list of ALL of the music that I listened to today and I may add this as a regular feature of  the blog, so that other points in time I can share more links with you; so let me know what you think.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

Xanadu - Olivia Newton-John & ELO
Move This - Technotronic
Love to Hate You - Erasure
Como te Deso - Mana
American Girl - Goo Goo Dolls

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehehehe....my craft room and your craft room sounds like they are twins!! LOL LOL LOL...I soooooooooooooooooo need to work on mine too!!! And Xanadu!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that movie and the song! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

Triplets...Mine's always a mess!! Dropping by to read, check in and laugh!!!