Saturday, August 28, 2010

(43-32) Vegas


I really do LOVE Las Vegas; it's a veritable feast for the eyes.  From the magnificent hotels, to the bright, neon lights, to the people from all walks of life; it is spectacle to behold and such a FANTASTIC time.  And speaking of time, it's amazing how time seems to pass SO quickly while you're there.  Before we knew it the clock read 2am, but the hotels and the streets were as lively as if it was 7pm.  We hated to go to sleep, but we really were tired; so at 3 we decided to call it a night.
Although I knew that I would have an awesome time, having Luis to myself and visiting with our friends; I'll say it again, the trip exceeded my expectations.  Luis an I reconnected.  We laughed, and joked, and danced and sang.  And I feel so blessed that after 16 years, we STILL enjoy our time together as much as ever.  We never run out of things to talk about; in fact we talked about some things today that we've never discussed before and the time we shared was priceless.

Even though I missed my kids, it wasn't agonizing.  I was looking forward to seeing them; but I knew that they were in great hands; so, I would have to say that there is definitely something to be said for having some time alone with the one you love; no matter where you are.

Such a fun trip, deserves it's own soundtrack; and so I'm going to share some of the songs that will forever remind me of this trip. 
"I Like It" - Enrique Iglesias & Pitbull
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9_n8jakvWU
"Club Can't Handle Me" - Flo Rida & David Guetta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgM3r8xKfGE
"Everlasting Love" - Carl Carlton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uozA4PQwYl0
"Right Round" - Flo Rida
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFrjp4IPXSY

"I Like it" just so happens to be both mine and Luis' new fave song, and Luis put it on the CD that he's made for our trip.  I've always loved "Everlasting Love" and it made it onto this list because our cocktail waiter who doubled as a singer butchered this song while we were playing video poker, and although it was a bad rendition; it was memorable.  Yes, I know 2 Flo Rida songs; "Club Can't Handle Me" is another song from Luis' Vegas road trip CD; and "Right Round" reminds us of "The Hangover;" and since we were going to Vegas we reminisced quite about about this movie.  On our way there I even asked Luis if he wanted to steal a cop car and Mike Tyson's tiger and he said he was TOTALLY up for it.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HOW FUN!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee LV! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

Glad you guys had fun!!