Tuesday, August 3, 2010

(43-7) Have No Fear

So apparently I'm doing it; I'm REALLY doing it!! I said that I was going to blog everyday, and so far I have. OK I'm only 7 days in, but still; I can' t remember the last time that I wrote 7 blogs in 7 weeks so I view this as a MAJOR accomplishment. I said that I wasn't going to sweat the small stuff; and when an opportunity arose, where previously I might have stressed a bit; I DIDN'T!! And last but certainly not least I am taking care of myself; and I'm not living in fear.

So let's go with the easy one first; THE SMALL STUFF.  The other night I saw a notice on my blog page saying that "something" had been removed, changed or relocated by Photobucket; and I had NO idea what this was.  After a while it dawned on me that my background was now grey and no longer the cute, lil shabby chic background that I loved.  I clicked on the Cutest Blog on the Block logo to see if I could find my background again; but I could not. Granted I didn't look for very long; but I looked everywhere that I thought it could be.  As time was of the essence I quickly chose the background that I have now because 1. I'd admired before and 2. It was almost a perfect match for the color settings that I had with the previous template.  I actually told myself  "just use this for now and when you have more time you can always change it again."  And for those of you who know me, you know this is TOTALLY contradictory to what I would have done before.  Oh no; BEFORE I would have looked at EVERY SINGLE TEMPLATE before deciding what to choose and then I would have changed my mind a couple of times.  So Brava for me!  I'm happy with my decision and I'm even happier that I was just able to go with the flow.

As if we hadn't been busy enough; yesterday in the midst of reorganizing, I had an appointment with my favorite Podiatrist.  OK, my ONLY Podiatrist, but I just think he's swell.  Anyway, last week I thought that I was starting to get an in-grown toe nail (YES, again;) but this time on my left foot.  Rather than trying to heal myself; as I've done in the past;  I promptly made an appointment to have it removed.  I decided that there was NO reason for me to live with pain and there was no reason for me to live with fear.  I rationalized that I'd had the procedure done before and I knew that I'd be fine.  I'd gotten the shots before and although it's not enjoyable it's something that I could get through and so I decided that I would be stronger than any fear I'd previously had and I would take care of myself; and I did.  I don't know why I used to let my fear get the better of me or why I would put up with pain; but WE don't have to.  So at the risk of sounding all Kumbaya-ish, let me just say that regardless of what type of pain you may be experiencing; you owe it to yourself to get any and all treatment possible as quickly as possible; because you never know how long you have and there's no need to suffer while you're here.  You have to be at your best so that you can enjoy every beautiful day that you're blessed with.  So with that said, I encourage you to face your fears no matter how scary they may seem and take care of yourselves.  I promise that YOU ARE WORTH IT!
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YOU ROCK!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy for not sweating the small stuff...and I hear we have a common friend... Joni :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Thanks Paige... Ineeded this boost, since I've been putting off calling the dentist for severe face pain for over a month now... he told me it would go away by itself, and it isn't... and I do live in fear of what I'll have to have done to my mouth again. But it's time to get rid of the pain and be pain free. So, I will call today. :)

Joni Parker said...

I have fear of my fears....I should get help!!! Thanks for today's words...I love coming by to visit.... kinda like, "I wonder what she'll say next?"....