Sunday, September 5, 2010

(43-40) Songs Of Summer

For as long as I can remember, Labor day weekend always included pop music countdowns on the radio.  I suppose I never really understood why in September, the radio would count down the greatest hits of the year; but now that I'm older I'm going to guess that it's because it's something that they can pre-record so that the DJ's can take the holiday off too.
Well, I'm DJ of this blog, and  I can assure you that this post hasn't been pre-recorded; but in honor of this Labor day weekend tradition, I've decided to share some of my all time fave songs that remind me of summer.  This is a VERY random list. Some of the songs have a summer theme, some may be tunes that were summer hits (to the best of MY recollection,) and others may not have been hits at all (big surprise - right;) but they remind me of summer memories.
As always I know it's self indulgent to share music that I like; but I do so, to provide you with a glimpse into what makes me happy, what inspires me AND to record my memories.  I hope you enjoy them.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING
Beach Baby - The first Class
Jive Talkin - Bee Gees
Summer Nights - Grease
I Want You To Want Me - Cheap Trick
Take Your Time- S.O.S. Band
Vacation - The Go-Go's
Let's Go Crazy - Prince
We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off - Jermaine Stewart
Heart And Soul - T'pau
All Summer Long - Kid Rock

1 comment:

Joni Parker said...

Ohhh...some good memories on that list....especially Cheap Trick.... wow!!!