Friday, September 17, 2010

(43-52) WOOHOO!!! Part 2

I've got reason to SMILE!!
I assure you that "The Bumpy Ride" is not becoming an all gold selling, jewelry buying, blog.  BUT, it is the story of my life,( amongst other things;) and as I'm in constant pursuit of, (say it with me,) "The Greater Good," in these regards; I still have more to share.

In my blog, "Diamond Daze," I explained that Steve (at Capri Jewelers,) had offered me $100 for my old, engagement ring setting.  I thought that this was fair; but after seeing Phyllis at The Gold Guy yesterday, Luis suggested that we stop back in to see how much she could offer me for the setting.  I scoured my jewelry boxes since we were going to pay The Gold Guy a visit; and I found some broken pieces that I'd forgotten about, my college ring (which is already too small for my girls) and a silver ring, which was another one of Luis', Puerto Vallarta metal detector finds.  The silver ring was not in great shape, but it had 4 small "diamonds;" so we wanted to see if it was worth anything.

Upon walking through the door we were greeted, enthusiastically by Larry.  I asked if Phyllis was in, but she had the day off.  Larry assured us that he would take just as good care of us,as Phyllis had and asked how he could help.  I told Larry that I had sold some gold the day before.  I went on to tell him that I was in the process of getting my diamond re-set and I was curious to see how much he would buy my old setting for.  Larry asked me what I'd been offered, and I kindly said "I'd rather not say."  Larry offered us $50 and I politely declined; explaining that the jewelry store where I was buying my ring had offered me more.  We discussed the fact that Steve's offer was contingent on my purchase, and I assured him that I understood that and I though that it was fair; because after all, Capri is a business and I certainly expect them to make money on my sale. 

While we were talking, Christine came in to work.  Larry had gotten a phone call, so Christine proceeded to weigh our other gold.  When Larry got off the phone, Luis asked him about the silver, "diamond" ring and Larry confirmed that the "diamonds" were real and went on to say that he'd like to buy the ring.  Larry asked Luis how much he wanted for the ring, and I interjected.  I said "We really don't know how much the ring is worth, to be able to ask a certain price, so why don't you make us an offer?"  Larry nicely said "$250 - $300."  Luis said "I'll sell it for $300," and Larry said "OK."  When all was said and done, Christine wrote us a check for $460 and once again we were more than satisfied!!

We spoke with Larry and Christine for a while, and I told them that I had mentioned them in my "WOOHOO!!!" blog, because I was so impressed with their service and I wanted others to benefit from it as well; and they were truly grateful. 

In less than 24 hours we made $960 selling jewelry that was of no use to us; and I have to say that it feels MUCH better having the money in our wallets, than the jewelry in our boxes.  Tomorrow we will go to Capri for our appointment with Steve and my diamond will at last be back on my finger, serving as a shining example of the love and commitment that Luis and I share.  WOOHOO!!!
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

3 comments:

Joni Parker said...

I'm so happy to hear your jewelry stories....although it's kinda tough for me to read -- due to a recent break-in and robbery where they stole most of our jewelry ...we'll talk more tomorrow.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Phoenix Carrie said...

WOO HOO!!!!! Cant wait to see it.