Monday, September 27, 2010

(43-62) So HAPPY To Be Wrong!!

There was a part in "Dirty Dancing," when Dr. Houseman told Johnny that he knew that he wasn't the one who had gotten Penny in trouble; and he said "When I'm wrong I say I'm wrong."   And just like Dr. Houseman; so do I.  Now even though I didn't get anyone pregnant; I did have an equally troubling situation recently.  For those of you who are familiar with "The Bumpy Ride;" you know that being vague is NOT my strong suit;  but for proprieties sake, (now there's a new one for me;) I can't elaborate on what the problem was; however, I can tell you that this issue had NOTHING to do with another person; but with some documents.

Now in my particular case, since it was a matter of documentation and not communication, it was just that I misunderstood the situation and then the people who should have explained it to me; perpetuated the misunderstanding. But today someone finally explained the matter very clearly and precisely and the hugest weight was lifted off of my shoulders; and the birds chirped and the sun shine (or was it shone)and ALL was right with the world.  I can sincerely say that I have never been this happy nor has it ever felt this good to be wrong before.

I know that it's difficult for some people to admit when they're wrong; just as I wrote in "The Dirty Word," that some individuals have trouble saying "no."  But since none of us are perfect; should it really be that tough to just admit it when we've made a mistake?   EVERYONE gets confused from time to time.  Anyone can make a blunder, slip up, or err once in a while; so for (say it with me) "The greater good;"  wouldn't it just be that much less stressful and that much more pleasant if people could just own up to being incorrect if they are?  I know that pride often stands in people's way; but I for one, want to live harmoniously and with as little stress as possible, so I will gladly acknowledge being inaccurate or misinformed, if I know I am / was.

It's true that the way I was wrong about my documentation, harmed no one but Luis and I.  It caused us stress, and worry, in a different way than what I'm referring to in my advice for the greater good; but I think my point is that sometimes it feels good to know that you were wrong about something.  I can say that  we definitely would have not been this happy if I was "RIGHT" about the records in question.  Just as if I suspected I was ill, I wouldn't want to be "Right" about that.  Sometimes being wrong can be a good thing.  And sometimes admitting when you're wrong can be a great thing.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sometimes its good to be wrong! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

Making mistakes and owning up to them is growth, right? Everyone makes mistakes..so the important part is the "owning up".... otherwise how will we ever "grow & learn"? I'm the type that tries hard not to make mistakes in the first place (LANA...planner)...but it happens... I admit...I make mistakes (lots).... Nice post Paige!!