Saturday, September 18, 2010

(43-53) Full day, Full heart...

Whew!  Today was a BUSY one; but a VERY good one at that.  I asked Lyndzi to run some errands with me, but she wasn't really that interested until I sweetened the deal with an offer of pumpkin loaf from Starbucks.  Lyndzi had a change of heart and shortly after we were on our way, she told me that she was glad that she decided to join me; regardless of the pumpkin loaf, and that was music to my ears.   We adjusted our To DO list slightly, and decided to take some time to enjoy each others company.

From Starbucks we went to the mall so that I could have my diamond re-set.  We dropped the ring off, and ran back home, because I had forgotten my cell.  Just as we were getting ready to go back to the mall, Kelsie started screaming from the bathroom, "ANTS!"  OY!  I HATE ants!!  AND for some reasonwe always seem to get an out break of them at a time that Luis isn't  home.  I tried spraying the ants with some Lysol - all purpose cleaner; just to try and immobilize them, and while I was trying to find their outlet, Nicky informed me that their were a ton of ants in his bathroom as well.  OH DEAR GOD!  Nicky and I both combatted the ants to the best of our ability; and then I called in the big guns!  Luis advised me that we had a really strong ant spray in our back yard and that once I'd spray it, the problem would be solved instantaneously.  Thankfully Luis was right.

Once the ant situation was under control, I went back to the mall to pick up my ring; and it was BEAUTIFUL!  Exactly what I wanted!  And so I decided to get the bonus, diamond ring sized as well.
After the mall I stopped at Trader Joe's because I was expecting company at 2.  I picked up some cheeses and grapes and headed back home.

While I was on vacation in Puerto Vallarta this past May, I happened to receive comments on my blog from 2 ladies who both lived in the Phoenix area, and had both found me through "Scrapbooking from the Inside Out."  It seemed that I had a lot in common with both ladies and so I emailed them privately to introduce myself and thank them for their comments.  Julie and I had the opportunity to get together a few months ago; and I think we clicked immediately.  Joni and I were going to be meeting for the first time today, but with all of the parallels in our lives; right down to the name of our dogs; I feel like she's an old friend; and Julie and Joni know each other, but were going to be meeting for the first time today.

It  definitely didn't seem like this was the first time that Joni and I or Julie and Joni had met.  Both ladies quickly got to work on lays out and although I felt like a fish out of water, I pulled out a photo and some paper and got to work.  The ladies were only here for 4 hours and I actually got 2 lay outs done, which (if you know me;) is monumental.
It felt really good to be creative in a means other than writing; and I think I may need to try scrapbooking again more regularly.

Once my friends left, my entire family headed back to the mall to pick up the bonus ring, and I must say that  Capri Jewelers was 2 for 2.  The ring was stunning!!
We grabbed some dinner, went to Kohl's to get Kelsie new sneakers; came back home, I finished my 2nd lay out; and HERE I AM.

Well, no one will ever be able to accuse me of wasting a minute.  My day was full and so is my heart.  I had some special time with my oldest daughter, I got my long awaited ring, I enjoyed the company of some amazing, new friends, preserved some memories, spent time with my family; and wrote.  Life is GOOD!
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I had soooooooooooooooooooooooo much FUN with you and Joni yesterday!!! You both are AWESOME!!!! I have posted too on my blog about our day if you want to see the photos!! :):):):):) The one of Hershey came out blurrier than I thought... but still CUTE!!! And I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo's!!!! Ohhhhhhhhh here's the link to my post today! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

http://thetuckerwolekclan.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-car.html

Joni Parker said...

I had a great time too!! It was so fun to finally meet you both...you were gracious and wonderful and thanks so much for opening your house to us!! I got 4 layouts "started"..and finished them when I got back home last night. (took me about an hour)..so 4 layouts in 5 hours is pretty good. I love your 2 layouts!!! Glad you had a busy and fun day!!