Tuesday, September 28, 2010

(43-63) Name That Team...

The soccer season is rapidly approaching and I for one am giddy with excitement.  Although soccer season is extremely taxing on our schedule, I enjoy everything about it; and this year there will be even more to love as Luis has agreed to coach Kelsie's team.
Luis was an assistant coach for Lyndzi and Kelsie's team last year and he was Nicky's assistant coach for the past 2 years; but now he's agreed to take center stage and coach his own team; and I think that he's going to be fantastic.
We already know 3 of the girls and 1 of the boys that's going to be on the team; and I'm sure that they're going to have a sensational, season; if only Luis can decide on a name for his team.  I must admit, the team name has already brought us hours of entertainment.  When I was helping my friend, Jenny with her garage sale on Friday and Saturday, we discussed possible names all morning.  I know that I haven't mentioned this particular garage sale since it occurred; but I will tell you that the highlight was when one of the men who stopped by the sale, asked me if I'd like to go rabbit hunting with him.  ME, rabbit hunting??  Need I say more?  I politely declined his invitation but couldn't resist the opportunity to throw him for a loop, when he asked if David (Jenny's husband;) was Jenny's husband or mine; and I replied "both!"  Don't ask me why; it was just one of those kinds of days, but BOY was it a good laugh!

Heading around the turn now.  So names, names, my kingdom for a name.  We've looked at names of Mexican soccer teams, worldwide soccer teams, and popular team names.  I myself was partial to SWAT (Soccer with Attitude;) but I thought it would sound strange for Luis to call a player's home and say "Hi, this is Coach Luis with The Swat."  See, it just doesn't sound right.  Nor does "Go SWAT." 
We mulled over, The Diablos, The Heat, The Hurricanes (but with Luis' accent he has to work a little too hard to say that one, so we decided to pass it over.)  Kelsie suggested the Hammers, which we all thought was cute; but I think I had the best name of all when I suggested "The Situation."  Tina's daughter Kristin, proposed that we could all do a fist pump when someone scored a goal; and I thought this was just fabulous; but alas as much fun as it is to joke about; I don't think we should really be "The Situation."  Now K-Woww; maybe...

The name search continued and Kelsie came up with "The Tornadoes;" which I actually like and Luis is considering.  I think Luis has narrowed it down between The Tornadoes and The Dragons.  Or maybe we could be the Dragon Tornadoes.  Nonetheless, no matter what their name is going to be; I KNOW Luis is going to do a phenomenal  job.  You couldn't ask for a more slendiferous coach; and the kids are going to have an amazing time;  BUT, if you do have a suggestion for our team name, I welcome you to leave a comment or email AsktheQOE@ gmail.com with your suggestions.

When I sat down to write tonight's post, I noticed that I'd already done 199; which makes this my Bicentennial.  "The Bumpy Ride" began on March 4, 2007 when I wrote "The Queen of EVERYTHING and the Bumpy Ride (or Vice Versa);" and I cannot believe that tonight's post is my 200th.   I'd like to think that I've remained true to my original mission.  I re-read my first post and I don't think that I've strayed very far at all.  Surely the fact that I've been writing my blog, every day for the past 63 days, has something to do with the expeditiously, increasing number of posts; but regardless; 200 is 200 and as quick as I am to put myself down, I will be equally swift to talk myself up.  I am VERY proud of myself; my commitment , and my pursuit of my dream.  I thank each and everyone of you who take the time to read "The Bumpy Ride."  I thank you for your patience and your understanding and your dedication.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh coming up with a name is always hard!!! Good luck..and YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY for 200! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

Congrats on 200...keep 'em coming!! Names are tough...my husband coaches son's basketball and one season the kids picked "The Hustling Lobsters" as their name... that one stands out!