Thursday, September 16, 2010

(43-51) WOOHOO!!!

Tonight I am a happy girl, an overjoyed girl, an I CAN'T BELIEVE IT girl!!!  With the essay now behind me; I was able to focus on other matters today.  So this afternoon Kelsie and I went to The Gold Guy, to see how much they would pay for the stash that I wrote about in "Diamond Daze."  During that blog I mentioned that two stores in the mall had offered me $280 for the jewelry; and I wanted to see if I could make more than that.  Kelsie and I were warmly, greeted by Phyllis and I explained that I wanted to see how much she could offer me for my gold.  Phyllis asked if she was trying to beat a price, and I said yes; but I did not disclose what the price was.  Now typically I don't have a good poker face; but today I would have made Lady Gaga proud.

Phyllis weighed my jewelry and asked me if $485.00 would do it.   Oh Boy!  I contained myself on the outside, but inside I was doing the dance of joy.  And as composed as could be, I replied "That could do it, but could you make it $500?"  Oh yes I DID!!  Seriously, what did I have to lose; the worst that she could say was no, but as I wrote in "The Dirty Word;  even if she had said "NO," I'd be fine.  BUT, she didn't say no.  Instead she said, "let me call my boss."  Phyllis made the call and told him how much my gold weighed.  She asked if she could give me the dealer price and he said "It sounds like you already did.  But alright, if she wants $500, make her happy and give it to her."  Make me happy, indeed!!  I called Luis to see if he was OK with me accepting the $500 rather than shopping around, and he was just fine with it.
I told Phyllis that we had a deal and she wrote me a check for $500.  Phyllis told me that they do parties and I thought this was fantastic.  How nice would it be to invite friends over to a party that actually made them money rather than asking them to spend some; and all they'd have to do is sell a broken chain or an orphan earring.  She also said that they do fundraisers, and I immediately thought that this might be a super, soccer event.
Phyllis told me that I could deposit my check or go to the Wells Fargo in the Fry's down the street and they would cash it.  Kelsie and I promptly went to Fry's and walked out with 5 crisp, hundred dollar bills.  I was SO HAPPY!  The $500 is going to be enough money to mount my diamond in the new setting, get the ring appraised for my insurance,  AND get the extra ring sized.  Woohoo!!!!!  I told Phyllis that I was so pleased with her service that I was going to mention her in my blog.  So if your local and you're interested in selling gold; I highly recommend paying Phyllis a visit at THE GOLD GUY - 9827 W. Grand Ave. Suite A Sun City, AZ 85351 623-251-5664; and if you go please tell her that you read about her in Paige's blog.  Not becasue I'll get anything in return; just becasue I want her to know that I kept my word.

I am SO delighted that gold that was just sitting in my jewelry box doing nothing; has now helped to put my diamond back on my finger;  and in a setting that I will enjoy for years to come.  To quote Mike Myers as Dieter in Sprockets from "Saturday Night Live;" "Now's the time on Sprockets when we dance."  Enjoy my new fave tune!!
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

3 comments:

Rachel said...

This is AWESOME!!!! You better take some pics of your new ring...can't wait to celebrate it with you!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh that is cool! :):):):):):):):):):) We are still on for tomorrow, right?? :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

Yea!!! I'm impressed..!! Yea...I have the same question as Julie (above)....