Wednesday, September 29, 2010

(43-64) Take 2...

I wouldn't dare say that I was the Queen of IRONY; however, I do enjoy it very much, and tonight I've been served a healthy dose.  Earlier this week, I wrote "So HAPPY To Be Wrong;" and I explained that as I am the Queen of MISHAPS, I frequently make mistakes; but I don't have a problem admitting when I'm wrong.  And then JUST the next day, I go and prove my own point by writing "Name That Team;" and quoting the name that Kelsie recommended (for her soccer team;) as the Tornadoes, but it turns out that it WASN'T the Tornadoes at all.

What can I say?  You say Torpedos, I say Tornadoes.  And, it actually was The Torpedos that Kelsie suggested; which I like that even more; despite the fact that I couldn't remember it. In my defense (because of course, I always have one;) I think that I was so deliriously tired when I wrote the post that I fixated on the wrong name. Word to the wise, for (say it with me;) "The Greater Good;"  DON'T sleep and blog.  I believe that I had caught myself dozing off as I was typing the email address where you may send your suggestions; and as soon as I woke myself up; I concluded the blog and edited, edited, edited. I read Tornadoes over and over but it never dawned on me that I was writing the wrong name; until tonight.

As the soccer season draws closer day by day; we're running out of time to name the team; so our conversations have been predominantly about soccer; ESPECIALLY the name of Kelsie's team; and Luis had even commented "Who would have thought that it would have been so hard to name a soccer team?" 
Tonight we ran the gamut from calling them Circle K, to The Thingamajigs, to The Simpsons, The Osbournes, The Cure, The Whatchamacallits, The Dolphins, The Asteroids, The Meteorites and the Electric Eels; just to name a few. When all was said and done Luis and Kelsie agreed, beyond a shadow of a doubt that their team would be The Torpedos and no tornado will be able to stop them.  It's now time to go out and kick some grass.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are tooooooooooooooo cute... don't sleep and blog... that makes me giggle! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

Love the You say Torpedoes, I say Tornados comment...funny!!