Monday, January 10, 2011

(43-167) INDECISION

If you ever watched Seinfeld; then you know that they used to say that it was a show about nothing.  And with that in mind, I would have to stay that tonight's post is very Seinfeldesque, in as much as it's a post about writing a post.  I tired to think of a topic earlier today, but didn't feel strongly enough about anything to commit to it.  Thankfully it was an uneventful day; but that means that I can't regale you with my comings and goings, incidents or antics.  So I thought, and I thought, and guess what... I THOUGHT.  But I came up empty.  I perused Facebook for ideas; but again, nothing sparked my interest.  So I decided that I would go a searchin for a quote; but alas, I had to choose a theme for the quote; and so, I went with INDECISION.  That seemed apropos.

I read a couple of quotes on Thinkexist.com, and let me tell ya; they really don't think kindly about indecision.  So much so, that I was almost shamed into choosing another topic; but I couldn't decide; (only kidding,) but hey, I was indecisive today; so I'm gonna own it. 

Talk about indecision, The first quote that struck my fancy was actually by an unknown author; and given the topic; that makes me laugh. Anyway, author unknown wrote  Indecision is the graveyard of good intentions which I think sounds harsh the first time that you read it; BUT it makes perfect sense. Not that you need an interpreter, but what it meant to me was that a good idea can die, if you wait to long to chose to act on it; AND while you're sitting around, trying to decide to do something or not; you're missing your opportunity.   Another, according to Jimmy Buffet is Indecision may or may not be my problem.”  LOVE it! 

The last quote that I'm going to share, is one by Gary Collins, who said;  "We can try to avoid making choices by doing nothing, but even that is a decision."  How true...  And so along that very same line, by writing about indecision; I made a decision. See, what did I tell you; Seinfeldesque.  Can't you just see Jerry explaining to George and Elaine that since he couldn't decide what to do his stand up routine about that night, he was going to do a routine about not being able to decide on a routine; and then he'd say something like "not making a decision is the best decision I ever made."
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

1 comment:

Joni Parker said...

Funny.... I'm catching up today...been under the weather and busy at work..