Saturday, January 8, 2011

(43-165) The BEST Apple Crisp Recipe EVER...

After a hard day of painting and cleaning; Luis went to the movies with the SMF's.  And since I gave the definition of SMF, way back in "OH What a Night!" I'll again explain, for any new readers or anyone who's forgotten;that SMF stands for Sexy, Mother F____er; which is how Luis, David, Mike and Big Mike; refer to each other.  Anyway, while Luis was at the movies, my friend Jenny (wife of David;) sent me an instant message on Facebook and told me that if David remembered, Luis should be bringing me some apple crisp that she'd made.  I thanked Jenny, and within a few minutes; Luis arrived home; with apple crisp in hand.

I took a bite of the apple crisp.  ONE bite mind you; and I was IMPRESSED!  The apple crisp was, dare I say, PERFECT!  The apples were tender and almost reminiscent of a baked apple, while the crust was firm and crunchy.  If I had to describe this apple crisp; which for the sake of this blog, I do; I would actually call it an apple cakey crisp; because in between the apple and the crisp, was a thin layer of cake.  To which, I must bite of Rachael Ray and say, YUM-O!   

A couple of months ago, I shared "The BEST Caramel Apple Recipe EVER..."  which coincidentally, was David's recipe; and in the interest of (say it with me,) "The GREATER Good," tonight I will share Jenny's apple crisp recipe as well; as I think it is The BEST Apple Crisp Recipe EVER...

4 Cups Thinly sliced,tart,apples (ie - Granny Smith or Macintosh)
1/2 Cup Brown sugar
1 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp. Baking powder
1/4 Tsp. Salt(you can use up to 1/2 tsp. if you prefer more salt)
1 Egg slightly beaten
1/3 Cup  Butter melted and cooled
1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon

Mix the first two ingredients and arrange in a 9" baking dish.
Mix the next four ingredients and add egg.  Mix until crumbly,
sprinkle on mixture; drizzle with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

David and Jenny are not only the makers of delicious, apple desserts; they are also Christmas Cookie Chefs, extraordinaire; as I told you in "A Cure For The Back to School Blues."   I am very fortunate to have David and Jenny in my life; not only for the terrific treats that they share with me; but because their friendship has made my life a little sweeter.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING  

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Joni Parker said...

YOu know..I love that you share so much with us...but ease up on the fattening recipes ok?...lol!!! This sounds yummmmmmyyy!! We always have LOTS of apples in the house from our Bountiful Baskets!!!