Saturday, January 22, 2011

(43-179) What's Going On...

Today's post, is a response to a writing prompt from Mari's "Memories And Thoughts" jar; which I told you all about in "There's Something About Mari."  The prompt I chose read "Describe what's going on around you right now, in detail."  

Now details aren't something that I usually have to be encouraged to share; for I am the Queen of DETAILS; in ways both good and bad.  I'm extremely detail oriented; Queen of THOROUGHNESS, as I told you in "Making Things Right," remember?  However, when it comes to telling a story; it may be said that sometimes I OVER share, or provide too much information.  If I do, I assure you that it's because I'm an overachiever, and a people pleaser; so I'm of the opinion that if you have to ask me for details, then I haven't done a satisfactory job of explaining - and I would hate for anyone to think that I'd left something important out or hadn't done a good job.  WHEW!  So, in DETAIL, here's what's going on...

I am feeling quite lazy today; and I'm attributing this to the fact that I haven't slept very well for the past two nights; because Lyndzi's been sick.  it started out as a sore throat, but she rapidly became congested and developed a nasty cough; so it's been difficult for her to sleep; and in turn, for me as well.  In addition to my lack of sleep, I have a sinus headache that I can't seem to get rid of; so I don't feel like doing much of anything; which is highly unusual for me.  Since I'm feeling so out of it; I thought I'd put my time on the couch to good use and write my blog; but given my present state of mind; I couldn't think of anything amusing, useful or moving to share; so I turned to my handy, dandy jar.  Thank you Mari!

As I sit and type; Luis is finishing up his paint job in the kitchen.  He's working on the wall that runs through our kitchen and family room, and this is the last wall, that he needs to complete.  After that it will just be the inside of two small windows that are about 16 feet high, some baseboards and a few touch ups and then he'll be done.  If you don't count a shelf and mirror that he's going to paint black for me.  I can't  say enough about how impressed I am with the job that Luis has done so far.  Talk about being detailed.  He's taped, he's cut in, he's painted, he's trimmed, and he's done it all SO WELL.  He's just a painting machine; and to answer your next question; yes, he loves it.  He's very pleased with what he's done so far, and he's enjoyed the project; according to him.  At the moment he's vacuuming the family room wall, to prepare to move into this room; which actually isn't good news for me; because it means that I'm going to have to get up from where I'm sitting.  I know, that's awful; I'm sorry.  It's not that I'm ungrateful; I'm just tired.

When I first picked this topic out of the jar, Lyndzi was sitting at the kitchen table, making clothes for her Barbies out of old soccer socks.  She made 4 dresses in total, a red, an orange one that even had a pumpkin broach, a white one and a royal blue.  Lyndzi's talent just blows me away.  Apparently not only can she draw, and sculpt; she can also use her artistic ability to design clothes as well.  Her talent seems to be limitless; God bless her.  As soon as Lyndzi completed her fashion line; she and Kelsie went into our playroom, so they could try out the new outfits on their dolls.  Lyndzi and Kelsie get along well, more often than not; and today was thankfully one of those days.  It was heartwarming to listen to them role play as their dolls; but that came to an end when  Lyndzi came to sit down with me, because she wasn't feeling well. 

While Luis is painting, Nicky is in the  guestroom / office / craft room playing Club Penguin and Kelsie is trying to collaborate with Lyndzi who is now back at our kitchen table, working on her latest design.  I am sitting, amidst a mountain of clean clothing that has been taken from the dryer and needs to be put away.  My house in in total disarray, due to the painting project and the displaced wall hangings; but for once, I'm just choosing to ignore it; and cater to my physical need to sit and move nothing but my fingers; as I type. 

It's now a few minutes; (oh, details;) seven minutes after five; and I just received two texts, which means that I need to start planning our evening and since I've really given you ALL of the details of what's going on; I guess I'll just say...
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING 

1 comment:

Joni Parker said...

My mom was/is a seamstress and she always made my Barbie matching outfits for mine....