Sunday, March 13, 2011

(43-229) What A Wonderful Weekend...

My last three days have just been ideal.  In "Walk the Walk," I told you about how I asked for, and was given a new job as a reunion coordinator.  In "Love Is In The Air,"  I told you that I met Mari for coffee and chat; and got a sassy pedicure.  In "Neon Bingo,"  I told you that I played BINGO with my girls, and then went out to dinner with Michelle; but until today, I haven't had the opportunity to tell you how delightful that dinner was.

Although Michelle and I try to get together a lot, we don't often get to spend time alone together and we wanted to go out to celebrate her recent divorce.  YES, CELEBRATE!
We decided to go to The Cheesecake Factory; and suffice it to say, we did not adhere to ANY diets.  Everything about this dinner was spectacular.  The company, the food, even our amusing 27 1/2 year old  waiter; who we joked around with throughout our meal.  Now because I know that many of you who read "TBR" are foodies; I'm going to tell you exactly what we ate; just don't count the calories for me.  We shared a couple of small plates (appetizers,) we had crab cake bites (which I HIGHLY recommend;) and fried artichoke hearts with a garlic aioli dipping sauce.   I LOVED the sauce and thought the artichokes were just OK; so it's not something that I would order again.   Michelle and I typically share meals, so that we can try two different things; so this time we decided on the Shrimp Scampi (another HIGHLY recommend) and the Hibachi Steak, (a Hanger steak with a Terriyaki type glaze) which I've had previously and also recommend.  The Hibachi steak was accompanied by two fried Asparagus spears; and that in and of itself, was an added bonus.  I'm sure that you think that we couldn't have eaten any more; but it was The Cheesecake Factory, and it is extraordinarily difficult to pass up dessert there.  We perused the menu and I was going to let Michelle name our poison; but since we were celebrating; we ordered two different kinds of cheesecake; took two bites then took the rest home.  Michelle chose The Ultimate Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake, which had "Moist layers of Red Velvet Cake, and Original Cheesecake, covered with special Cheesecake Factory cream cheese frosting."   I ordered the White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut Cheesecake,  which had White Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake, Swirled with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel, on a Blond Brownie Crust.  There's only one thing that I can say about that cheesecake; OMG!  I absolutely have a new favorite cheesecake; as if , I NEED to have a NEW, FAVORITE, CHEESECAKE.  Truth be told; it's still in my fridge.  So I AM  showing some restraint.  We had Cappuccino with our cheesecake; and some of the best conversations that we've had in a while.  This was truly, a celebratory evening.

Lyndzi at age 3 1/2
Just when I thought my weekend couldn't get any better; I had the opportunity to go scrapbooking at my friend Lisa B's last night.  I haven't scrapbooked in what feels like forever, so I was so glad to be able to go.  Because I'm me, the world's SLOWEST scrapbooker; I didn't get much done at all; BUT, I absolutely adore the one layout that I completed and I had a great time seeing my friends.

What a WONDERFUL Weekend!!
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

No comments: