Saturday, March 26, 2011

(43-242) Name The DJ...

When you love someone, it's common to take on their worries and their woes; and often times, you take on their projects and their causes as well.  When I posted  "I Know My ABBA," I told you that Luis had his dream job (becoming a DJ,) dropped right in his lap.  I followed up by telling you about "Luis' DJ Debut," and then in "He's Got The Beat," I brought you up to speed on the outcome of Luis' audition.  I explained that my boss had asked Luis (and the other DJ's) to make three, ten minute music samples; 80's,90's and 00's.  The samples will then be posted on the reunion coordinator website, so that clients will be able to listen to the mixes and choose the DJ that suits them best.

Luis has been practicing nightly, and earlier this week, WE got started on his samples.  Luis and I both love music, and this was a fun project for us to work on together; but it was very time consuming.  We finished the 80's sample last night, and you may be surprised to hear that I'm not going to tell you what songs we chose.  Instead, for your listening pleasure, I'm gonna take you back to the day's of legwarmers and Pac Man fever; and share our 80's music mix. 
 
This morning we started downloading songs for Luis' 90's sample; and ya know, I'll be sharing that with you once it's been completed. The real task at hand, is something that we could use your help with. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's time to play "Name The DJ..." Luis has the skills, and the tunes; but what he doesn't have is a DJ name. Last night he used his Facebook status as a platform to request suggestions; and although some of the responses have been absolutely hysterically, none of them are anything that he can use. So put your thinking caps on. We need to find Luis a GREAT, DJ name and we'd love to hear from you. Please send us your original suggestions by commenting right here or on Facebook.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING 

No comments: