Wednesday, March 30, 2011

(43-246) The Evening News

I had a lot more balls in the air than usual this afternoon.  Although it's true that I typically try to do a number of things at once, today was a lot, even for me.  I finished work around 320, and immediately started writing Luis' DJ bio; because my boss needed it for his website.  I picked up the kids from school, emailed the bio to my boss, and then had a photo shoot with Luis, so that we could get the perfect picture to go along with his bio.  Once these tasks were done, it was time to start dinner, AND Luis needed help with his 2000's mix.

I had promised the kids that I would make Chicken Parmigiana for dinner, and I had already defrosted the chicken; so even though this time consuming meal was about the last thing I had time for, I didn't want to let them down.  I told Luis that if he would cut the chicken up, I would try and come up with a play list for his mix.  Luis agreed, and while he was showing me how to work the DJ program we got a call from (SMF) Big Mike. 
Now if you're new to "The Bumpy Ride," or it's been a while; SMF stands for (Sexy, Mother F___ers;) and you can read more about this in "OH What A Night!"

U turn ahead...  When I answered the phone, Big Mike said "Was that one of my SMF's on the news?"  I had NO idea what he was talking about, so I asked, "You thought you saw one of the SMF's on the news?  Which one?  Why?"  And he laughed and said "Luis."  Since Luis was sitting right next to me at the computer, I didn't have to go far to tell him that Mike thought he saw him on the news, and Luis said "Oh yeah.  Did I look sexy?  I said "What do you mean oh yeah?"  And as nonchalantly as possible he said "I was on the news."  I did a double take before exclaiming "WHAT?"  I handed Luis the phone and listened as he explained to Mike that various news teams had been at his hotel today, to interview his boss.  He said that while they were filming in the lobby you could see him in the background.

Luis gave the phone back to me and I thanked Mike for letting me know that Luis was on the news.  Mike said, "I thought you were pulling my leg when you acted like you didn't know," and I said "Nope, sadly that was for real.  I had no idea."  And we got a really good laugh out of that; and I got tonight's blog topic; which was a great relief since I had no idea how I was going to fit writing into my evening activities.

After I hung up with Mike,  I explained to Luis that when I asked how his day had been; being on the news was the type of thing that he might have mentioned; especially when he was going to be on EVERY local channel that night.   Luis told me that he'd been so busy it just slipped his mind.  Now that's busy!

Queen of MULTI-TASKING that I am; I managed to construct Luis a GOOD play list, make one of the best batches of Chicken parm that I've ever made, do 2 batches of laundry, go to the supermarket for a few essential items that we ran out of, quiz Nicky for his Social Studies test, clean up from dinner,  write "The Bumpy Ride,"  and watch Luis on the evening news.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

No comments: