Monday, March 21, 2011

(43-237) "Reel Life Wisdom"


 When I first got involved with Facebook; I used to post a status everyday.  Sometimes several times a day.  But then I became one of those people who only posted a status when I had something worthwhile or exciting to share; and sometimes I had to go looking for it.  Over the past few months, I've gained some valuable perspective from quotes that I've discovered; while looking for something meaningful to post as my Facebook status, and I even managed to parlay some of the quotes into blogs; as many of you know.  So yesterday, I again went in search of some inspiration.  I didn't really have a specific topic in mind; when I came across "Reel Life Wisdom," The movie quote directory  but it's proven to be an amusing and useful find.

The Reel Life Wisdom site has a multitude of categories to chose quotes from.  They break it down first by SELF, LIFE, LOVE & RANDOM BITS OF WISDOM.  THEN, they disseminate the quotes further, based on additional themes. For instance, under SELF, you may find quotes about Identity vs. Image, Perspective, Purpose, Hope and character; just to name a few.  For LIFE: Choice vs. Destiny, Freedom, Decision making, Achievement and Change.  Under the heading of LOVE you could find quotes about Men, Women, Feelings, Friends, and Sex, amongst others.  And RANDOM BITS OF WISDOM includes such subjects as Adversity, Reality and Truth, Respect, Responsibility, and Regret.  You'll have to check this site out for yourself; because the topics that I've listed are truly, only the tip of the iceberg.  They even offer teacher/parent tools so that movie quotes may be used to generate meaningful conversations with kids about self-management.

When I chose to write about "Reel Life Wisdom,"  I decided that I'd pick a topic and  share some of  the quotes that made an impact on me.  So, in the interest of,  (say it with me,) "The GREATER Good;" it should come as no surprise, that I've selected movie quotes about  MEANINGFUL LIVING...

“If you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? Carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary.”
"Dead Poets Society" 1989

“Life is too short to be wondering, ‘What if?’” 

 "Paper Heart"  2009

“Take part. Contribute. Be interested in everything and everybody.”
"Now Voyager"  1942

“The effort must be total for the results to be meaningful.”
"Wit"  2001

“If you’re not excited by it, why do you do it?” 
 "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian"   2009

For what it’s worth, it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be."
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"  2008

"I don’t want to survive, I want to live!"
"WALL-E"  2008

Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

No comments: