Wednesday, March 23, 2011

(43-239) Two Standouts

Season twelve of "Dancing With The Stars" began this past Monday; but I didn't get to watch it until today.  As usual there were some contestants that I could do without; but there were two standouts that I thoroughly enjoyed; and will be looking forward to watching week after week.

My first fave came as a big surprise to me.  It's none other than the "Karate Kid" himself; Ralph Macchio.  Ralph is paired up with Karina Smirnoff.  I've had mixed feelings about Karina during past seasons; but I must say that I like her a lot more, now that she's no longer engaged to Maksim  Chmerkovskiy.

My second fave is Kirstie Alley; and I swear that it's not ONLY because she's partnered by  Maksim Chmerkovskiy.  Now before I go on and tell you why I am am pulling for Ralph and Kirstie; I think that it's only fair to acknowledge my "slight" obsession with Maks.
If this isn't your first time at this rodeo, then you probably know that "DWTS" is one of my very, favorite shows; and that the thing that I like best about it, is Maksim Chmerkovskiy!  Maks has been mentioned countless times on "The Bumpy Ride;" so much so, that there's been more than one occasion where I've given my, "this is not becoming an all Maks blog disclaimer."  Some of you may even recall  "The Queen's Big Coup," where I shared the story of how I had come to meet, hug and have my picture taken with the drop dead gorgeous Maks.
Now even thought I absolutely hate how heavy I was in this picture; I'm going to share it again for those of you who've never seen it before; and for others who might like to see it again.     

U turn ahead:  Other than his hairdo, I found  Ralph's performance to be impeccable.  He had moves, he was light on his feet; and he was very entertaining.  I was pleasantly surprised to say the least; and I think he was well deserving of the 24 out of 30 points that he received for his performance of the Fox trot.  Following Ralph with 23 points, was my girl, Kirstie Alley.  First let me say, that for a 60 year old woman, I think that she looks amazing.  She's beautiful, sexy and vivacious; and I think that it takes a great deal of courage for her to go on a dance show when she is so often criticized and harassed about her weight.  Watching Kirstie, I definitely got the impression that she is comfortable in her own skin; and that she knows who she is, for better or for worse.  Her personality was infectious.  She's quirky, and funny, but most of all, she seems REAL, and I admire that; A LOT!   I thought that Kirstie had more rhythm than any of the other female celebrities and she had marvelous chemistry with Maks. 

Some might wonder "How difficult could it be to have chemistry with Maks?"  But I have to tell you that as much as I desire; I mean like him; I have gotten the impression in the past that he was not a fan of "big girls."  Seeing Maks interact and embrace Kirstie for who she is,  has given me hope that when Observational Humorist, Paige Ramos, gets the opportunity to dance the Samba with her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy; he'll bring it, just like he would if he were dancing with Twiggy. But for now, I'll just have to be content to live vicariously through the effervescent, Kirstie Allie.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

No comments: