Monday, April 11, 2011

(43-258) CRAFT Beach Retreat

Don't let the title fool you.  Even if you're not a crafty guy or girl, this post isn't ALL about the CRAFT Beach Retreat per se.  In a nutshell, it's also about courage, fortitude, vision, entrepreneurship, and friendship.  It's about my AMAZING friend, Rachel K.

I have written about Rachel K numerous times, since "The Bumpy Ride" began; as we've been friends for almost 20 years, she was in the delivery room with Luis and I when I gave birth to my oldest daughter, Lyndzi, (and she is one of Lyndzi's Godmother's.)  Rachel helped me plan and execute my 40th Birthday Scrapbooking Extravaganza Weekend and she invited me to work with her when she developed her business, Scrapbooking From The Inside Out.  It's been my pleasure to watch Rachel fulfill her dream with her Scrapbooking kit club and online community and now she is ready to take her business to a new level, by offering an exclusive experience which she is calling CRAFT Beach Retreat.  

CRAFT is an acronym for Creating Reflective Art For Transformation, and the very first retreat will be held in beautiful, Santa Monica, California on November 11-13, 2011.  I'm so excited that Rachel has asked me to be a part of her Retreat team, and surely I'll have more information to follow. If you're already interested, you can sign up on CRAFT Beach Retreat so that you'll be updated with information as we share it.

I can tell you that this event will be like no other of its kind, because Rachel is one of the most thoughtful and thorough women that I know; and she likes to give people experiences that are nothing short of perfection.  I make these claims as someone who has been blessed to be on the receiving end of Rachel's gracious, generosity countless times; and someone who has been cheerleading her vision since inception.

I am so very proud of Rachel and all that she's accomplished thus far, and I feel privileged to be working with her on CRAFT.  Rachel has taught me many valuable lessons through the course of our friendship, and she was instrumental in my decision to start "The Bumpy Ride."  Rachel is a shining example of what one can accomplish when they dare to pursue their dream; and she inspires me on a daily basis.

I look forward to telling you more about CRAFT in the future and I encourage you to follow Rachel's example and pursue your passion.
Till next time...
Queen of EVERYTHING

No comments: